For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
Teacher memory... Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
Teacher memory... Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
Teacher memory... Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
Teacher memory... Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
Teacher memory... Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
Teacher memory... Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
Teacher memory... Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
Teacher memory... Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
Teacher memory... Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Teacher memory...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Brianne N.
Art Luver
Brianne N.

Teacher memory... Empty
PostSubject: Teacher memory...   Teacher memory... Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 22:43

While reading Jennifer's intro post, I was reminded of a crazy teacher I had in the 5th grade.

She was our Art teacher and every other Friday we would go into her "studio" to create. At that age, I remember being totally "weirded" out by her because she would dance and flutter around the room during class, all the while teaching us about art, motion, etc...Think Ballerina + Art....

Everyone would laugh and snicker at her but I always remember being oddly jealous of her freedom to do anything and everything without feeling trapped by insecurities (ok, so I think that now in REFLECTION, at the time I did not know WHAT to think).

LOL!

Did you every have any crazy teachers?
Back to top Go down
http://www.briannenevill.com
JenniferM
Blank Canvas
JenniferM

Teacher memory... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teacher memory...   Teacher memory... Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2010, 22:50

Tee heee... I had lots of crazy teachers! Being an art teacher, I hope I'm not a "crazy teacher" but a "fun and inspiring" one! I try to make it fun but also stress hard work and pushing kids to do more than they think they can with art.

I remember one crazy Earth Science teacher in Jr.HS... Mr. O. He used to roll a bowling ball down the aisle to "wake" us up! It would smash against the back wall and we would all jump at the noise. He also would pound on the desk to get our attention. HE was fun and interesting all right!

I also had a scary HS Economics teacher that was an ex-cop and if you looked up at the clock or zoned out, you would get detention! He was totally terrifying! I actually get transferred to a different class so I didn't have to fail his class! He was not a good teacher!
Back to top Go down
CarrieF.
Life Artisit
CarrieF.

Teacher memory... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teacher memory...   Teacher memory... Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 01:34

i had a 6th grade teacher who was eccentric ... she had beautiful hair, but chose to wear a red wig that looked kinda straw-like. She also always wore a dress/skirt and her slip hung out the bottom at least an inch. And she always kept a hankie in her bra ... in the middle of class she'd reach in her blouse, take out the hankie, blow her nose, then put the hankie back in her bra.

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://carrieferrier.blogspot.com/
FarmDiva
Easel
FarmDiva

Teacher memory... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teacher memory...   Teacher memory... Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 02:26

CarrieF. wrote:
i had a 6th grade teacher who was eccentric ... she had beautiful hair, but chose to wear a red wig that looked kinda straw-like. She also always wore a dress/skirt and her slip hung out the bottom at least an inch. And she always kept a hankie in her bra ... in the middle of class she'd reach in her blouse, take out the hankie, blow her nose, then put the hankie back in her bra.

Smile

Oh my ... I would have lost it and been laughing so hard.

I didn't have any eccentric teachers ... I went to a Catholic girls school in Japan and the nuns were pretty straightforward. My 3rd grade teacher, Sr. Mary Louise, had many caged birds (parakeets & such) in our classroom window along the edge and it was our chores to take care of the birds.
Back to top Go down
tinkiesue
Creative Mess
tinkiesue

Teacher memory... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teacher memory...   Teacher memory... Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2010, 08:59

CarrieF. wrote:

Smile

Now that's a good example, LOL!! too funny!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Teacher memory... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teacher memory...   Teacher memory... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teacher memory...
Page 1 of 1