For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?

Go down 
+12
danielle wycough
jessiw
Garsy
Shawnaw
Brianne N.
lizzie
Julie Ann
juliesaddiction
CarrieF.
keepsakescrafts
Ashjoy
tinkiesue
16 posters
AuthorMessage
tinkiesue
Creative Mess
tinkiesue

It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Empty
PostSubject: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2010, 11:56

I love going to the lake on a hot summer day! Especially love it when the grandkids can come with Smile

sue
Back to top Go down
Ashjoy
Permanent Marker
Ashjoy

It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2010, 12:28

Grilling. Being able to cook on the grill with little clean up, picking strawberries and blueberries, and relaxing on the patio.
Back to top Go down
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com/
keepsakescrafts
Blank Canvas
keepsakescrafts

PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2010, 12:59

1st... getting my fingernails dirty planting the fleurs in the patio pots...
Then lazing on the hammock with a fluffy book in the sunshine enjoying the fleurs.
Back to top Go down
http://keepsakescrafts.blogspot.com
CarrieF.
Life Artisit
CarrieF.

PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2010, 13:28

my fav summer activity is spending time on our 3 tier deck. we live in the woods. the trees are thick and leafy in the summer - sitting out on the deck feels like i'm in colorado. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://carrieferrier.blogspot.com/
juliesaddiction
Sketch Book
juliesaddiction

PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2010, 15:57

Going to the beach....hands down!!

Love to swim everyday with the grandkids too!
Back to top Go down
Julie Ann
Decorative Tape
Julie Ann

PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2010, 16:15

CarrieF. wrote:
my fav summer activity is spending time on our 3 tier deck. we live in the woods. the trees are thick and leafy in the summer - sitting out on the deck feels like i'm in colorado. Smile

3-tier?!!!!!!!!! <a href=\'ht

Oh swoon! I sooooooo want a deck makeover. We are stuck with the wimpy deck that came with the house for now. Eventually I'll get the deck of my dreams. Yours sounds like heaven!
Back to top Go down
http://julieannshahin2.blogspot.com
Julie Ann
Decorative Tape
Julie Ann

PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2010, 16:22

Oh! and to answer the question..........what's my favorite? sunny My FAVORITE is to have my nephew Reid (8 years old) spend the night in our guestroom, and let him enjoy time at our place because we live 100 yards from the beach (Lake Ontario). Just sit and enjoy and let him be a child!!!! Or along the same lines spend time with him at my In-Laws inground pool and help teach him how to swim. He started to show interest last year in wanting to swim, as he was just absolutely not interested in getting in the pool or getting in past a certain point for years!

My husband and I spent hours patiently getting him adjusted to the water and swimming.

Unfortunately his mother, my SIL, is extremely difficult, and I might not be seeing him that much this summer.
Sad
Back to top Go down
lizzie
Sketch Book
lizzie

PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2010, 16:41

i think going to the pool or the beach is great!! i'm a big beach person... even if i don't like getting in the water i love playing the sand with the kiddos!!
Back to top Go down
http://ohsnaplizzie.blogger.com
Brianne N.
Art Luver
Brianne N.

PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2010, 17:16

You know, honestly, I don't know yet.

For the past three summers, my husband has been away for training or overseas. This will be our first summer that we can actually do something together (and with our little one being old enough to do it with us!).

I can't WAIT for family time this summer!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.briannenevill.com
Shawnaw
Sketch Book
Shawnaw

PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2010, 19:09

We "live" at Water Country during the summer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Garsy
Easel
Garsy

PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2010, 20:01

Spending time outside in my gardens.

Visiting the zoo with the kids.

Picking a BIG summer project than working on it all summer long. This year it's creating a playhouse for my 9 year old - something that can double as a potting shed, greenhouse or storage space once she outgrows it in a couple of years.

Blessings,

Garsy
Back to top Go down
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2010, 10:03

Oh, what don't I love about summer...I love swimming, going to the lake, getting fresh berries, enjoying the sun with the kids, and always love the fireworks for the 4th of July....

Julie Ann, that is sad, I hope you get to see him this summer:)
Back to top Go down
http://pahm30.blogspot.com
Julie Ann
Decorative Tape
Julie Ann

PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2010, 15:08

jessiw wrote:
Oh, what don't I love about summer...I love swimming, going to the lake, getting fresh berries, enjoying the sun with the kids, and always love the fireworks for the 4th of July....

Julie Ann, that is sad, I hope you get to see him this summer:)

Thanks - I hope so too. I had to set a healthy boundary with her and I didn't expect her to jump with joy..........unfortunately she doesn't have a concept of what boundaries are because no one else ever says no to her. So she is just cutting me off completely from coming to her house, which I don't need to do anyways, and from seeing her son.

It's ok. I'm not going to make a big deal out of it. If it's for one summer that's just a small drip in the big ocean of life. I'm sure it will blow over, that's what her mother and everyone else is saying.

Smile
Back to top Go down
danielle wycough
Easel
danielle wycough

PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2010, 15:21

My favorite thing is that the kids are out of school. I absolutely love my kids being home every day. We usually hang out by the pool everyday, and just enjoy each other. Having NO agenda is wonderful also Smile

Julie Ann - I am so sorry. Hopefully, she will realize that she is only hurting HIM! My SIL is the same way. She doesn't let me keep my niece and nephew because she has some bad feelings towards me. Why? Because I married her brother and he doesn't pay all of his attention to her. She only calls us when she needs something.

Anyway.......I am looking forward to summer lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifeonelayoutatatime.blogspot.com
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2010, 14:50

oh gosh julie ann...family dynamics are the worse!

the school where i teach asked me to pick up more hours so i am super duper excited about that! brian starts his new job in two weeks...good b/c he is so excited but bad b/c he will be gone training during the week for four months. ACK!

so i am not sure what we are up to this summer BUT mil and FIL got a new pool so that will be on our agenda a lot...i loooove the water and so does owen so we swim as much as we can. henry seemed to like the lake this weekend so that is a good sign.

we have a water slide we put up on the weekends, too and that is FUN!
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
singingsquirrel
Art Luver
singingsquirrel

PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2010, 15:09

My favorite summer activity is walking with my bare feet in cool grass and being able to wear tank tops every day. So simple it is silly, but that is what I look forward to.

Julie Ann, it is sad that a person would be so selfish. She isn't hurting herself to prove a point and that is totally bogus.
Back to top Go down
http://singingsquirrel.blogspot.com/
Julie Ann
Decorative Tape
Julie Ann

PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2010, 22:39

Thanks girls for your support!!!!
Heart U Heart U Heart U
Back to top Go down
LesleyC
Blank Canvas
LesleyC

PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 04:48

Official start of winter here. My favourite activity is hibernating! LOL
Back to top Go down
Michelle
Sketch Book
Michelle

PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 06:15

Winter here as well, so like getting into my comfy pjs and getting warm
Back to top Go down
http://michelles-scrappy-place.blogspot.com.au/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?   It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's the unofficial start of summer....what's your favorite summer activity?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For The Luv of Art :: Day to Day Chit Chat :: Day to Day Chit Chat-
Jump to: