For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Prayers needed!

Go down 
+12
Melissa Elsner
*ANDREA*AMU*
simplyamom3
Norma Kennedy
CarrieF.
Ashjoy
ellen s
ReneeLamb
Lori Ness
maddawg
Sherry C
Garsy
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Garsy
Easel
Garsy

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2010, 08:40

I don't often do this but I'm desperate!

A week ago today, my dad was told that he has lung cancer. My dad who has never smoked a day in his life, was in good health mostly, and took care of himself.

He was told yesterday that if his Friday bone scan and brain scans show that the cancer is confined to the lungs it can be treated rather successfully with oral meds and the prognosis is good for remission in 3 to 6 months! However if the cancer has spread, anywhere outside the lungs - then it's chemo and the prognosis is not good at all!

So I'm asking, no begging for and coveting your prayers, good vibes or thoughts or whatever you have to give.

Thanks so much.

Garsy
Back to top Go down
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2010, 08:58

Hugs to you, Garsy. I'll be praying for you and your family. I'm so glad you shared this with us, that's too big of a burden to bear alone.
Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
maddawg
Art Luver
maddawg

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2010, 09:11

hugs and prayers for you, your dad and family.
Back to top Go down
Lori Ness
Decorative Tape
Lori Ness

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2010, 10:16

Absolutely, consider it done! Please keep us posted! I love you
Back to top Go down
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
ReneeLamb

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2010, 10:17

Seems so unfair doesn't it? I will certainly give you my prayers and my good thoughts and I will add your family and your dad to the prayer list.

Praying all goes well for a good prognosis.
Back to top Go down
http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2010, 11:19

absolutely!!!

that is so scary but sounds like they got it in time....wishing you and your family the best!
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
Ashjoy
Permanent Marker
Ashjoy

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2010, 11:26

Hugs and prayers to all of you.
Back to top Go down
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com/
CarrieF.
Life Artisit
CarrieF.

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2010, 11:56

praying for him now, Garsy. !!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://carrieferrier.blogspot.com/
Norma Kennedy
Vintage
Norma Kennedy

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2010, 11:58

you betcha Sweetie.... your FTLOA family will send those prayers
and blessings for you & your father !!!!

(((Hugs)))
Back to top Go down
http://www.fortheluvofart.blogspot.com
simplyamom3
Art Luver
simplyamom3

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2010, 12:11

I have been right where you are and know how hard it is waiting and not knowing. I am praying for you and your family and sending a many positive thoughts and feelings as I can!

Please keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
http://simply-me-jennifer.blogspot.com/
*ANDREA*AMU*
Permanent Marker
*ANDREA*AMU*

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2010, 00:43

Absolutely... you got them!! ((Hugs))
Back to top Go down
http://imlivinonscraps.blogspot.com/
Melissa Elsner
Sketch Book
Melissa Elsner

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2010, 01:06

You bet! Praying for you and your family !
Back to top Go down
http://theprofoundbrunette.com
Garsy
Easel
Garsy

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2010, 08:23

writing this through tears. It's a good thing that I can type without my glasses on.

My dad has been admitted into intensive care, when before his brain scan they couldn't get his breathing and heart rate to slow down. The prognosis isn't good and I really need to get to Minnesota and fast. Just pray that a way works out. Unfortunately we are in one of those paycheck to paycheck positions right now and the money just isn't there. We are making calls to see we can do.

I'm still coveting your prayers and thank you for the ones that have been already lifted up.

Blessings,

Garsy
Back to top Go down
Sheri Twing
Creative Designer
Sheri Twing

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2010, 11:22

So sorry to hear about what your family is going through Garsy. We will certainly keep you all in our prayers. Hugs to you today!
Back to top Go down
http://www.auntierere.blogspot.com/
Lori Ness
Decorative Tape
Lori Ness

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2010, 11:25

Still praying for you and your family!
Back to top Go down
Rebecca S.
Creative Mess
Rebecca S.

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2010, 15:25

Garsy my prayers are with you and your father at this time...
Back to top Go down
http://www.rebeccaj72.blogspot.com/
Garsy
Easel
Garsy

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 10:18

well we managed to get up there as a family - thanks to the loving generosity of my sister and her better half, and some really good friends of mine that I have never even met in person.

I hit a deer in the middle of Wisconsin. and not even a live deer. Oh no, I had to go and hit a deer that was already down! Blew out a tire and took the trim off the backside of my van, but we survived. I managed to swerve around the deer and only hit the head and antlers (8 point buck for those with hunting husbands) and it was one of those antlers that took out my tire! Drove from Wisconsin all the way through Minnesota and into Fargo ND on the dummy tire/spare tire that came with the van! Roadside assistance would have taken THREE HOURS to get there! Thanks to a very sweet state trooper and my husband and son they got the tire off and the spare on and we were on our way. And when we got to ND, my brothers already had a tire off my dad's old car ready and they got it on with not trouble.

My dad's condition is not good It's been about the same since Friday. Ups and downs I guess are typical, but when the cancer doc says it doesn't look good, well. He has pneumonia on top of the cancer and they can't really start full-fledged chemo treatments til the pneumonia has cleared up but they can't tell of the pneumonia is cleared up because of all the cancer. My dad is in a drug induced coma right now - and on a ventilator at his request that the doctors do whatever is necessary to keep him alive.

We drove up and arrived Saturday morning, Then we turned around and came back to Indiana yesterday. Thankfully many of my siblings are either living in the area, or can, because they don't have young children, can stay with my mom through this. We had to come home - both because of the kids and school and the fact that my husband has to work. And I could not have stayed there without my husband there for support.

So now we wait and pray for GOOD NEWS!

Blessings,

Garsy
Back to top Go down
Lori Ness
Decorative Tape
Lori Ness

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 10:40

Oh gosh, sorry about the deer! If you run into trouble again, we are just south of Eau Claire and can get to you in about 30 minutes or so, depending on where you are. As if you needed one more thing to worry about, right?

Where in MN is your family? All of my relatives are there so I'm sure someone could help in a pinch there too!

Keep us posted about your father, all of you remain in my prayers! {{{hugs}}}
Back to top Go down
Garsy
Easel
Garsy

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 11:06

Lori Ness wrote:
Oh gosh, sorry about the deer! If you run into trouble again, we are just south of Eau Claire and can get to you in about 30 minutes or so, depending on where you are. As if you needed one more thing to worry about, right?

Where in MN is your family? All of my relatives are there so I'm sure someone could help in a pinch there too!

Keep us posted about your father, all of you remain in my prayers! {{{hugs}}}

Thanks Lori! We were just about 20 minutes out of Black River Falls when I hit the deer. After changing the tire we did stop at a rest stop near Eau Claire to take a potty break and to check the tire.

We also have friends in Madison, and Milwaukee, and my niece lives in Barron. But the next time we go through that area, we may have to stop and meet you for dinner or something!

My parents are in the New York Mills/Wadena area. I have a brother in St. Paul and a brother and a sister that both live within 7 miles of my folks.
Back to top Go down
Garsy
Easel
Garsy

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 18:47

My father passed away yesterday afternoon after my family and the doctors decided it was time to let him go. The cancer was way to advanced and since it was such a rare form of lung cancer there really wasn't much they could do.

Comfort care kept him from to much pain, and he went quickly.

So here we go on another trip up north that we really can't afford. We'll manage some how.

Blessings,

Garsy
Back to top Go down
rebeccak
Creative Mess
rebeccak

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 19:09

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss--you and your family are in my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myclutteredcorner.com/
Tracy F.
Creative Mess
Tracy F.

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 21:57

So very sorry for your loss. Wishing you safe travels and peace right now.
Back to top Go down
http://thescrappygirlnextdoor.blogspot.com
Lori Ness
Decorative Tape
Lori Ness

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 22:51

I am so sorry for your loss, Garsy. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!
Back to top Go down
simplyamom3
Art Luver
simplyamom3

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2010, 11:44

I am so sorry! I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts!

BE careful driving!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://simply-me-jennifer.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Prayers needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed!   Prayers needed! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prayers needed!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For The Luv of Art :: Day to Day Chit Chat :: Day to Day Chit Chat-
Jump to: