For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
school pics Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
school pics Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
school pics Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
school pics Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
school pics Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
school pics Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
school pics Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
school pics Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
school pics Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

school pics

Go down 
+3
maddawg
jessiw
ellen s
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

school pics Empty
PostSubject: school pics   school pics Icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2010, 11:46

So do you let your kids pick out their outfits?

School photos snuck up on me this year. I came home and brain is like, ah, school pictures are tomorrow and I didn't get owen a new shirt! ARG. I don't go crazy, just a nice new shirt he can wear on a day to day basis but not a boring old Tshirt like boys insist on wearing.

So, he got up early that morning (woke me up, LOL) and was dressed in his Hawaiian shirt! It was so cute of him that I just let him stay in it.

Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

school pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: school pics   school pics Icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2010, 15:09

I haven't had to experience school pics yet, but i hope to think i will not worry about it so much. I hope to let them HELP pick out their outfits, b/c i think it gives them more self confidence. I mean, Lucas started wanting to pick out what he wears at about three...and most the time he matches better than i do!!! The kid is just amazing!
Back to top Go down
http://pahm30.blogspot.com
maddawg
Art Luver
maddawg

school pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: school pics   school pics Icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2010, 22:55

omg! school pix are so dangerous they out to be illegal. i have paid in advance for said pix to find i really could've done better myself. then i felt like i had to hand in my mommy badge for kicking back school pix.

then i decided it was part of life. they are what they are. a milestone. warts and all.

i have a lo about this somewhere. lmao....
Back to top Go down
leigh
Art Luver
leigh

school pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: school pics   school pics Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2010, 23:49

I do, but probably because I never buy the school pictures packages. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.leighpenner.blogspot.com
scrappymomtn
Blank Canvas
scrappymomtn

school pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: school pics   school pics Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 23:28

My son has to wear a uniform, so there's no worrying about what to wear. But, I have to say, this year his pics were awful! My husband said he looks like a prison inmate in them. Geez. I bought a few anyway, though, since I think they're funny and I'm the kind of person that's like "you get what you get". Too funny!
Back to top Go down
Lori Ness
Decorative Tape
Lori Ness

school pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: school pics   school pics Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 09:56

I "help" pick out the outfits. You know, strongly encourage certain shirts! ;D

They started something different at our elementary school a couple years ago. Instead of having a meet the teacher on a weeknight where you only have a couple hours to get to all the teachers, they have an open house on the first day. In addition to meeting the teachers, you can get their school photos taken too. I absolutely LOVE this because I can fix their hair and they'll ask me if I want to try another one or two if they don't turn out. Did I mention I love this?
Back to top Go down
Garsy
Easel
Garsy

school pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: school pics   school pics Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 21:28

I let them pick out their own clothing - within reason of course.

However I only ever purchase school photos when the kids are in elementary school because that is the only way I can get the class photo. The pics we give to family and friends are always ones of my taking anyway so I buy the smallest package I can to get the class photo.

Once the kids get to middle and high school they get their photos taken for their school id's which I keep once the kids are finished with them each year.

Blessings,

Garsy
Back to top Go down
leigh
Art Luver
leigh

school pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: school pics   school pics Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 22:33

Garsy wrote:
However I only ever purchase school photos when the kids are in elementary school because that is the only way I can get the class photo.

We get a free class photo-- no purchase necessary. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.leighpenner.blogspot.com
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

school pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: school pics   school pics Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 10:20

they don't even do class photos here anymore!

the grandma's like them so we get the bare bones package. I have to tell you looking back through mine and my sister's is so much fun! LOL!

Lori, i think that idea is brilliant! i remember the one year owen's hair was all combed to the side! who does that? well,PTA that were trying to get back at us, LOL!

anywho...i can't wait to see him in his hawaiian shirt.
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

school pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: school pics   school pics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

school pics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For The Luv of Art :: Day to Day Chit Chat :: Day to Day Chit Chat-
Jump to: