For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?

Go down 
+11
Ashjoy
rebeccak
simplyamom3
ellen s
FarmDiva
katie
Lori Ness
jessiw
*ANDREA*AMU*
Sherry C
ReneeLamb
15 posters
AuthorMessage
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
ReneeLamb

What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Empty
PostSubject: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 11:49

For me it's hard boiled eggs.

It's not the boiling that sucks but I HATE PEELING THEM!

It seems no matter what the shell sticks to my egg and they come out looking like Freddie Kruger had a whack a them.

Back to top Go down
http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 12:22

My first response was anything fried. Tastes so good but so not worth the cleaning up after it!
Close second would be a fabulous salad. I love to eat them but it takes so long to clean & chop all the veggies. How lazy am I?! Please don't answer that...
Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
*ANDREA*AMU*
Permanent Marker
*ANDREA*AMU*

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 12:34

Chicken or beef pot-pie! I love the stuff but nobody makes it like my mama!! She just made me some yesterday and man was it ever delish!
Back to top Go down
http://imlivinonscraps.blogspot.com/
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 12:45

Sherry C wrote:
My first response was anything fried. Tastes so good but so not worth the cleaning up after it!
Close second would be a fabulous salad. I love to eat them but it takes so long to clean & chop all the veggies. How lazy am I?! Please don't answer that...

I know me too!! i LOVE salads, but it takes forever to clean and chop everything and my back kills me by the time I get it done. It's not lazy:)Smile Or at least that is what i keep telling myself:)
Back to top Go down
http://pahm30.blogspot.com
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 12:46

Andrea's comment made me realize the same thing..I hate cooking what my mom makes so good. I tried to make chicken and dumplings not long ago...ended up screwing that up so badly b/c i made the dumplings too big and then they didn't get done. I just kept telling my mom....i just can't make them like you. so that and lasagna...i don't even try that b/c my mom makes the BEST!!!
Back to top Go down
Lori Ness
Decorative Tape
Lori Ness

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 13:30

Ditto on the salad... because I love lots of garbage on my salad. It's easier just to go to a salad bar!

Bacon... so hot and greasy! But so sinfully good!

Back to top Go down
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 14:31

I LOVE BACON!!! but it always pops on me so bad....Oh, how i wish i had some bacon...i need to
go grocery shopping BAD!
Back to top Go down
katie
Easel
katie

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 14:49

I'm with you girls on the salad! It is so time consuming and although worth it, there is so much clean up I just can't be bothered!

I also love Roast dinners but my oven is so tiny I couldn't possibly fit everything in!
Back to top Go down
http://www.am-i-a-dreamer.blogspot.com
FarmDiva
Easel
FarmDiva

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 14:52

*ANDREA*AMU* wrote:
Chicken or beef pot-pie! I love the stuff but nobody makes it like my mama!! She just made me some yesterday and man was it ever delish!

Yumm!!!!! Definitely the pot-pies.
Back to top Go down
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 16:23

lasagna for sure. brian's mom's lasagna is delicious so i don't even bother

but i agree with the salad, that is so funny b/c we were just talking about this last night. i made the comment about salad being some much yummier when someone else makes it.
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
ReneeLamb

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 17:00

who knew this thread would make me so hungry for lasagna and a salad.....hahahaha

mmmm...Olive Garden anyone? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
simplyamom3
Art Luver
simplyamom3

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 18:04

I got you a hard boil egg tip: Roll them on the counter and crack the whole shell. It will just slip right off!

I have recently learned how to make chicken and dumplins and it is so worth the mess! So mine would have to be Cheese Cakes. I dirty every dish and I don't even like cheese cake!
Back to top Go down
http://simply-me-jennifer.blogspot.com/
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 18:29

Oh my goodness I love cheesecake...and i find that if you do the hard-boiled eggs that way they do better....so good tip!!!

I am in the mood for a cheeseball...which i may make for Anthony's mom's bday dinner tomorrow...i'm craving it like crazy!! and i really want some spincach and artichoke dip, neither of which i mind making!! Seriously I am so hungry and Anthony is bringing us supper home and not here yet.
Back to top Go down
Lori Ness
Decorative Tape
Lori Ness

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 18:36

jessiw wrote:
Oh my goodness I love cheesecake...and i find that if you do the hard-boiled eggs that way they do better....so good tip!!!

I am in the mood for a cheeseball...which i may make for Anthony's mom's bday dinner tomorrow...i'm craving it like crazy!! and i really want some spincach and artichoke dip, neither of which i mind making!! Seriously I am so hungry and Anthony is bringing us supper home and not here yet.

Now I'm craving hot artichoke and spinach dip with Triscuits! The cheeseball sounds good too, never made one though! Maybe we need a recipe spot on the forum! Love me some finger foods!
Back to top Go down
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 18:50

Lori Ness wrote:
jessiw wrote:

Now I'm craving hot artichoke and spinach dip with Triscuits! The cheeseball sounds good too, never made one though! Maybe we need a recipe spot on the forum! Love me some finger foods!

I just told my mom everything I'm wanting this week is apetizers and finger foods!!! AND I think a recipe spot on the forum is a GREAT idea!!!
Back to top Go down
rebeccak
Creative Mess
rebeccak

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 19:23

Sherry C wrote:

I am with you on salad Sherry. I LOVE a big salad but it always tastes better when someone else makes it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myclutteredcorner.com/
Ashjoy
Permanent Marker
Ashjoy

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 19:25

I'm making chicken lasagna tomorrow. Someone posted the recipe and I thought it looked yummy!

I hate cooking anything on the George Forman Grill. It's so darn hard to clean because it doesn't come apar. But it beats going out in the cold to grill.
Back to top Go down
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com/
Lori Ness
Decorative Tape
Lori Ness

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 21:38

Sherry C wrote:

Speaking of anything fried... my mom gave me this industrial sized bag of frozen french fries the last time I saw her. She gave me a couple ideas of what to do with them, one of them being frying. I think the last time I fried something was back in the 70's when we had one of those little Fry Daddy's! (I know, I'm showing my age) Anyway, since I was making burgers tonight, I thought I'd try and make a dent in that bag of fries. It went like this... I had the oil way too hot, it was popping everywhere, there was smoke, the alarm went off, windows were flying open, I turned off the pan and declared never, EVER to do that again. After the oil cooled down some, hubby made a batch of fries anyway. And after all that, the kids declared they were better than McDonald's. ::sigh:: I should stick to baking!
Back to top Go down
CarrieF.
Life Artisit
CarrieF.

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 21:47

salad {a good salad that's more that just chopped up lettuce and shredded cheese thrown on:)} is a pain for me too. i don't have alot of patience for making it.

bacon is another one ... love it, but rarely make it because of all the greasy mess. i'm a sloppy bacon maker.

the biggie for me is waffles in the waffle iron .... i actually just gave my waffle iron to the Goodwil because I absolutely hate cleaning that thing!
Back to top Go down
http://carrieferrier.blogspot.com/
NicolePomeroy
Creative Mess
NicolePomeroy

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 22:46

there's nothing that I don't enjoy cooking, but there is some foods that I like to cook but not eat, yep I'm different
Back to top Go down
http://nmpomeroy.blogspot.com
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 23:31

Lori Ness wrote:
Sherry C wrote:

Speaking of anything fried... my mom gave me this industrial sized bag of frozen french fries the last time I saw her. She gave me a couple ideas of what to do with them, one of them being frying. I think the last time I fried something was back in the 70's when we had one of those little Fry Daddy's! (I know, I'm showing my age) Anyway, since I was making burgers tonight, I thought I'd try and make a dent in that bag of fries. It went like this... I had the oil way too hot, it was popping everywhere, there was smoke, the alarm went off, windows were flying open, I turned off the pan and declared never, EVER to do that again. After the oil cooled down some, hubby made a batch of fries anyway. And after all that, the kids declared they were better than McDonald's. ::sigh:: I should stick to baking!

lol! I know I shouldn't be laughing, but I can't help myself!! I'm so glad the Fire Dept. didn't have to show up. You are taking me back to the day... Fry Daddy, Fry Baby, those were the days!
Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
Tracy F.
Creative Mess
Tracy F.

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2010, 00:37

Carrie - I totally agree with you on cleaning the waffle iron! That is a pain!

However, I think my top answer would be Chicken and Dumplings. We love them (my kids esp.!) and it really takes me 3 good hours to make it. It's only good if you really boil a whole chicken, then pick it all of the bones, chop it, make the broth, etc. Then the dumplings... By the time it's ready to eat, it's almost bedtime in our house - lol! But I will keep making it because my little ones (even the picky one!) just eat it right up! (I made it last week, so I'm good for a while - lol!)
Back to top Go down
http://thescrappygirlnextdoor.blogspot.com
Lousyananut
Sketch Book
Lousyananut

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2010, 11:51

hilarious sherry! well i'm in the South..so we fry a lot! I can fry the hell out of some chicken BUT I LOATHE doing it. I dont know if it's cause i've been doing it for so long and just tired of it ....but i really hate the smell it leaves in the house...but it's delicious and hubby loves it so i bare with it.
Back to top Go down
http://whatsinalousyananut.blogspot.com
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2010, 12:36

oh gosh lori! that is too funny

i don't fry things either. plus you and your house smells like it for days it feels like.

homemade fried chicken is probably amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?   What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is one food you hate to cook but love to eat?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For The Luv of Art :: Day to Day Chit Chat :: Day to Day Chit Chat-
Jump to: