For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
What I learned today. Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
What I learned today. Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
What I learned today. Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
What I learned today. Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
What I learned today. Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
What I learned today. Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
What I learned today. Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
What I learned today. Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
What I learned today. Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What I learned today.

Go down 
+4
patti
CarrieF.
maddawg
jessiw
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

What I learned today. Empty
PostSubject: What I learned today.   What I learned today. Icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2010, 00:40

I wrote this as a note on my facebook page today and realized how much i want to scrap it. It's just something that happened to me today...what i learned.

I have been under the assumption that I am supposed to teach my children how to love. That assumption was wrong. God already taught them how to do that. I am merely here to nurture it. Nurture what those pure little souls already know. I am here to encourage them to keep that love, keep that pureness, keep believing even when nobody else does. Today, as I wasn't feeling good and started to stare at the photo on the wall of Mammaw Sadie and the kids, I started crying. Isabelle was sitting on my lap. She puts one hand on my cheek and starts stroking my hair with the other hand, as she says with her sweetest voice, "What's wrong?" I smile through my tears and say nothing. Nothing is wrong. I am sad. But nothing is wrong. At that moment I see Mammaw Sadie there with me, in Isabelle's eyes. She is loving and caring, and I literally see so much of Mammaw in her. I learned that while we think we are the ones that are supposed to take care of our children, sometimes it isn't that way at all. As she sat there stroking my hair and gently touching my cheek, I realized that some days they take just as much, if not, more care of me than I do of them. Their pure hearts are what get me through some days. Their unconditional love for everyone helps me to love more. And their little smiles make me smile.

So, while you may think you are your childrens' teacher, remember that they are your teacher. They are trying to teach you how to keep your heart pure, how to love completely unconditionally, and how to have joy in times you don't think you can. I am truly blessed, and this lesson that I learned from my two year old today makes me feel more wise than I have ever felt before.

Keep your mind and your heart open to learn new things. Because while we are so busy thinking we NEED to teach others' how to act or how to feel, we forget that we are here to learn just as much as the next person. Always be willing to learn from someone else

I can't believe how much a two and four year old teach me on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
http://pahm30.blogspot.com
maddawg
Art Luver
maddawg

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   What I learned today. Icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2010, 10:27

its amazing isn't how one small person can be such a huge influence. love your journaling and it'd be so awesome on a page. i know your little one would love to see it when she's older. what a treasured keepsake as it comes from the heart, and its a piece of you to them.
Back to top Go down
CarrieF.
Life Artisit
CarrieF.

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   What I learned today. Icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2010, 03:11

I LOVE this Jessi!!! You are great at putting your thoughts to words!!!
Back to top Go down
http://carrieferrier.blogspot.com/
patti
Blank Canvas
patti

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   What I learned today. Icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2010, 08:28

They are all so unique & wonderful, our children!

It's true - "Children learn what they live."

You must be providing a loving, nurturing environment for them!!
THanks for sharing your thoughts. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://pattiwest.blogspot.com/
leigh
Art Luver
leigh

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   What I learned today. Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2010, 17:20

What you wrote is beautiful, Jessi! (& so true!!) TFS!

I know lots of times my kids have shown love to me and comforted me when I've been upset. They are such a blessing to me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.leighpenner.blogspot.com
Lori Ness
Decorative Tape
Lori Ness

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   What I learned today. Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2010, 17:33

I love how you captured your emotion, you have such a way with words! Beautifully said, you are blessed! I am too! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Julie Ann
Decorative Tape
Julie Ann

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   What I learned today. Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2010, 20:05

Beautiful thoughts Jess!!! Smile
Believe it or not, my dog is teaching me about love too! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://julieannshahin2.blogspot.com
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   What I learned today. Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2010, 22:23

Julie Ann wrote:
Beautiful thoughts Jess!!! Smile
Believe it or not, my dog is teaching me about love too! Wink

OH JA, I do believe it. I had a pomeranian once and I've never loved another dog like I loved that little sweetie...

TRUE STORY:
When my ex-boyfriend and I had a fight and he wanted me living with him, but didn't want Sophie living there(my pomeranian) I got so mad....so I left all upset and crying...and I kid you not, Sophie sat in the passenger seat on the way home to my mom and dad's and the whole ride home she held her paw in my hand. She knew I was upset. She always sensed things. She knew when I was pregnant with Lucas too...she was really easy around my belly. I miss that dog so much! She was the best. So i definitely agree that dogs can teach you about love too!
Back to top Go down
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   What I learned today. Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2010, 22:45

i know what you mean about dogs, they DO know stuff.

your post was beautiful jessi! it reinforces, at least to me, that we need to believe (or at least i do) that people are inherently good. sometimes it is feels like it is easier for people to hate and be angry.
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   What I learned today. Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2010, 23:22

ellen s wrote:
i know what you mean about dogs, they DO know stuff.

your post was beautiful jessi! it reinforces, at least to me, that we need to believe (or at least i do) that people are inherently good. sometimes it is feels like it is easier for people to hate and be angry.

HOW TRUE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   What I learned today. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What I learned today.
Page 1 of 1