For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hairy weather last night

Go down 
+4
leigh
ellen s
Lousyananut
ReneeLamb
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
ReneeLamb

Hairy weather last night Empty
PostSubject: Hairy weather last night   Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 10:37

We had a strong line of storms come through our area last night. At one point I think they had 7 tornado warnings at the same time. THey just kept popping up. We wound up in our shelter a couple times but luckily they narrowly missed us. Yazoo City got hit again which is about 45 minutes to our Northwest - just after getting things settled after being hit by a F-4 last April.

I hate this kind of weather.......lol But I'm just glad we are all ok and came out unscathed.

Tom gets mad at me because I get VERY anxious and nervous. I grew up in Texas and been through a couple (one was in 1999 when the F2 went through downtown Fort Worth - I had just left work and was heading home to Arlington and I could literally see it in my rearview mirror - SCARY) so I know and have seen the power these things have - Tom grew up in Arizona where the only natural disaster is lightning, sand storms and heat - he just doesn't get it and has this sick infatuation with them. He was making me angry last night - kept going outside to watch the storm and talking over the news. UGH - But about 11pm last night they moved out and I could finally get some rest. I'm nuts - I know! LOL

So am I the only one who gets really nervous about this kind of weather?

Back to top Go down
http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
Lousyananut
Sketch Book
Lousyananut

PostSubject: Re: Hairy weather last night   Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 10:40

no girl, you're totally not nuts...my sis lives in Jackson so not far from you and I live in Mobile....still not that far from you...we are under tornado watch all morning from that same line of storms but the severe stuff isn't due in til this afternoon. I grew up in Louisiana..and still on the Gulf coast...so i've seen some UGLY storms hurricanes katrina and Ivan. Girl you shouldve put a muzzle on his behind and sent him back to arizona in a box with holes!
Back to top Go down
http://whatsinalousyananut.blogspot.com
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
ReneeLamb

PostSubject: Re: Hairy weather last night   Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 10:49

It's scary isn't it?? That's awesome you have a sister who lives here! Next time you come to visit we HAVE to get together for lunch or something!!!

And - girl - I was soooooooooo tempted to last night! I told him fine he can be out there looking at the weather, I will be in the shelter with the door LOCKED. lol!
Back to top Go down
Lousyananut
Sketch Book
Lousyananut

PostSubject: Re: Hairy weather last night   Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 10:59

VERY SCARY!!! and yes you shouldve let him go right ahead LOL let him get a taste of the real deal and see if he would've come running home to mama! and next time i'm up that way DEFINITELY!
Back to top Go down
http://whatsinalousyananut.blogspot.com
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: Hairy weather last night   Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 12:07

i can't imagine. the east coast gets mild weather (knock on wood) compared to that but today and tom are supposed to be ugly with high winds, tons of rain w/ flooding potential. we do get a lot of floods around here.

i saw a tornado in colorado (the first one recorded in Boulder) and it was SCARY! I think it got a shed that's it, LOL. ...nothing compared to that.

I am so glad you have a shelter! do you keep scrapbooking stuff in there? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
ReneeLamb

PostSubject: Re: Hairy weather last night   Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 12:13

ellen s wrote:
i can't imagine. the east coast gets mild weather (knock on wood) compared to that but today and tom are supposed to be ugly with high winds, tons of rain w/ flooding potential. we do get a lot of floods around here.

i saw a tornado in colorado (the first one recorded in Boulder) and it was SCARY! I think it got a shed that's it, LOL. ...nothing compared to that.

I am so glad you have a shelter! do you keep scrapbooking stuff in there? Wink

hahahha - I wish I could!!! We had just Tom, the dog and myself in there last night and I had to get out. Shelter is just way too small, I was getting claustrophobic. lol! I did have my camera in there though! Hairy weather last night 917859
Back to top Go down
leigh
Art Luver
leigh

PostSubject: Re: Hairy weather last night   Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 13:11

Oh, I'd be scared, too!
Thankfully, where I live, we don't see many tornados.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leighpenner.blogspot.com
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

PostSubject: Re: Hairy weather last night   Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 13:26

I'm so glad you've weathered the storm and everyone is okay! When my husband acts like that I just remind him that I will enjoy spending the life insurance money. It always seems to slap him back to reality! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
maddawg
Art Luver
maddawg

PostSubject: Re: Hairy weather last night   Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 19:47

must be the name tom. sheesh. my tom was out and about prior to charlie blowing through and i'm like hello hurricane coming we need to batten down and afterward he went out to see the damage. sheesh.
Back to top Go down
CarrieF.
Life Artisit
CarrieF.

PostSubject: Re: Hairy weather last night   Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 12:10

oooh, tornado weather scares the bajeebies out of me!!!! we get them all the time here in indiana and it's so scary!!! my mother/father in laws house was hit a few years ago .... they had alot of tree damage onto the house, part of the roof blew off and their picnic table ended up upside down on the roof.
Back to top Go down
http://carrieferrier.blogspot.com/
Lori Ness
Decorative Tape
Lori Ness

PostSubject: Re: Hairy weather last night   Hairy weather last night Icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 14:47

Scary stuff, I sure am glad you weathered the storm. Tornadoes are so scary, my oldest is deathly afraid of storms and I'm so grateful it's out of season for us now. Now we just worry about freezing rain and snow storms. We had a tornado come through our valley about 11 years ago and it JUST missed the farm. Zoiks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hairy weather last night   Hairy weather last night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hairy weather last night
Page 1 of 1