For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Crafty New Years resolutions?

Go down 
+8
*ANDREA*AMU*
simplyamom3
Ashjoy
Sherry C
maddawg
ellen s
BethM
CKMommy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
CKMommy
Art Luver
CKMommy

Crafty New Years resolutions? Empty
PostSubject: Crafty New Years resolutions?   Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2011, 20:08

I have to admit that I don't really like the term "new years resolution" I'm more of a goal kinda gal and I set goals all year not just on New Years Day. This year I've set a couple of goals with crafting.

1. do at least 1 layout a week.
2. use more of my stash and not buy so much
3. do more scrapbooking for me rather than for assignments...etc.

Have you set any crafting goals this year?
Back to top Go down
BethM
Sketch Book
BethM

PostSubject: Re: Crafty New Years resolutions?   Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2011, 20:22

I should make more goals for myself in this area as well as many others, but I think I'm getting there.

1) Just Do it - Do even more than I did last year - & it was a good year for getting it done.

2) Less is More - Buy less product...with hubby laid off, that helps in that area when you have nothing to spend with.

3) Work it! - try to get published more in paper mags. I'm getting my first mag pub in March!

4) Show it off - Make more gifts & cards for family & friends. Did pretty good in this area in 2010 too, but should do more & improve artistically.

5) Declutter! - I don't have enough house for organizing the way I want to, but refer to steps 1 & 2 to help in this step!

6) Git 'er dun! - I have to get my son's scrapbooks mostly caught up for his High School graduation this year.

7) Give it a rest - Allow time for other things too & don't let crafting consume me, sometimes it does.

Even if I don't fully succeed in all these areas, if I can just improve on each of them, it's just better all the way around.

Back to top Go down
http://kabamfamily.blogspot.com/
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: Crafty New Years resolutions?   Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2011, 22:03

i have def done better with not buying as much this year and it makes me happy! so i am sticking with that one

and declutter for sure!

hmmmm...send out more of the cards i make is one of them for sure.

oh and limit the projects i have going on to three, LOL...that should help..most of the time i have toooo many things going on and i get spent
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
maddawg
Art Luver
maddawg

PostSubject: Re: Crafty New Years resolutions?   Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2011, 23:10

sorry to be a stick in the mud but don't do resolutions. i never really got the hang of it. Love
Back to top Go down
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

PostSubject: Re: Crafty New Years resolutions?   Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2011, 23:35

I am going to switch all my old post bound albums to 3 ring binders this winter. I have purchased all the albums, now I just need to get to work. I also want to get all my loose layouts in to albums.

Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
BethM
Sketch Book
BethM

PostSubject: Re: Crafty New Years resolutions?   Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2011, 17:29

I need to get my loose pages into albums too.
Back to top Go down
http://kabamfamily.blogspot.com/
Ashjoy
Permanent Marker
Ashjoy

PostSubject: Re: Crafty New Years resolutions?   Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2011, 18:49

My resolution is to keep scrapping a hobby and fun. That's it. Shouldn't be to hard to keep.
Back to top Go down
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com/
CKMommy
Art Luver
CKMommy

PostSubject: Re: Crafty New Years resolutions?   Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2011, 19:08

Ashjoy wrote:
My resolution is to keep scrapping a hobby and fun. That's it. Shouldn't be to hard to keep.

YAY, I love this Joyce!
Back to top Go down
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

PostSubject: Re: Crafty New Years resolutions?   Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2011, 12:04

Ashjoy wrote:

Good one, Joyce! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
simplyamom3
Art Luver
simplyamom3

PostSubject: Re: Crafty New Years resolutions?   Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2011, 12:36

To actually submit some of my stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://simply-me-jennifer.blogspot.com/
*ANDREA*AMU*
Permanent Marker
*ANDREA*AMU*

PostSubject: Re: Crafty New Years resolutions?   Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2011, 19:00

Hmm... let's see...
I can easily go along with the buy less and use what I have on hand goal! I've been doing pretty well with this all last year, so I will definitely continue on with this one!

Also, I'd love to finally have a card published in Paper Crafts magazine. I don't always remember to submit to their calls, but I will work harder on this goal for sure this year!

I also love Ellen's idea of actually sending out more of the cards that she makes! I so need to do this...I've got soo many just lying around in boxes and drawers... it's time they get some new homes!

My biggest goal though for the year will be for me to finally get my scrappy room put together! We've lived in our home for 2 years now and I still haven't painted it yet!

Last edited by *ANDREA*AMU* on January 10th 2011, 21:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://imlivinonscraps.blogspot.com/
Lousyananut
Sketch Book
Lousyananut

PostSubject: Re: Crafty New Years resolutions?   Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2011, 20:37

yeah, i'm so not a resolution type person. I only have one goal ...that still may be a tad bit unrealistic...to just scrap more ...period...budget my time better to allow for crafty time.
Back to top Go down
http://whatsinalousyananut.blogspot.com
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

PostSubject: Re: Crafty New Years resolutions?   Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2011, 20:48

I have not set any resolutions but i don't really make any either! I have set some goals with my photography and learning more about that. I might need to make a goal to use more photos on a layouts so i actually get more photos scrapped:)
Back to top Go down
http://pahm30.blogspot.com
CKMommy
Art Luver
CKMommy

PostSubject: Re: Crafty New Years resolutions?   Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 11:34

I love reading all your resolutions! I'm holding to my "using up my stash" and "getting one layout a week" done. I hope to do many more layouts but if I set that goal it actually motivates me to get it done Smile
Back to top Go down
CKMommy
Art Luver
CKMommy

PostSubject: Re: Crafty New Years resolutions?   Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 11:35

Lousyananut wrote:
yeah, i'm so not a resolution type person. I only have one goal ...that still may be a tad bit unrealistic...to just scrap more ...period...budget my time better to allow for crafty time.
I hear ya Suzanne....it's had to find the time to sit down and scrap with lil' ones running around! How are your little ones?
Back to top Go down
Lori Ness
Decorative Tape
Lori Ness

PostSubject: Re: Crafty New Years resolutions?   Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 11:44

1. Get organized!
2. Use what I have!
3. Get loose pages in albums!
4. Print the photos!
5. Make time to create!
Back to top Go down
leigh
Art Luver
leigh

PostSubject: Re: Crafty New Years resolutions?   Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 17:58

1. Get my Christmas layouts scrapped in January. (Done!Very Happy)
2. Make a quilt for each of my boys.
3. Finish my Congo album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leighpenner.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crafty New Years resolutions?   Crafty New Years resolutions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crafty New Years resolutions?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For The Luv of Art :: Day to Day Chit Chat :: Day to Day Chit Chat-
Jump to: