For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Let's talk wall painting...

Go down 
+4
simplyamom3
Sherry C
Ashjoy
*ANDREA*AMU*
8 posters
AuthorMessage
*ANDREA*AMU*
Permanent Marker
*ANDREA*AMU*

Let's talk wall painting... Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk wall painting...   Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 14:27

I have a ton of rooms that I want to get painted in our home this year and I want to get a good start on it all this summer. I want to do our living room but that's probably going to wait until we get new flooring installed. I also want to do my craft room and the entire basement, but those will be later too. I want to concentrate on the master-bath and our kitchen first. We usually paint with semi-gloss finishes, however I really like the look of the flat paint finishes, but I guess they are known to be difficult to keep nice and clean.

What do the rest of you use and prefer. If you have flat paint, has it been a pain to keep it looking nice and does it clean up nice for you? Do any of you have flat painted walls in your kitchens and living rooms? Those are the two rooms I am thinking of using the flat finishes for.

And about colors!! What color are your kitchens? Are they all one color, or do some of you have an accent wall? Right now both our living room and kitchen are a pale blue and I'm thinking of doing our kitchen in a light mocha tan and an accent wall in a yellow (Summer Straw). The living room will no doubt be painted a mocha color as well. Wondering if I should do an accent wall there too.

Decisions, decisions! Anyway... pictures are welcomed if you have the time! I'd love to see some color ideas! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://imlivinonscraps.blogspot.com/
Ashjoy
Permanent Marker
Ashjoy

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk wall painting...   Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 14:38

We just started with the dining room. When picking paint the girl told me that the old flat is hard to clean is no longer the case. It is all washable. Unless you add some of the finishes.

Anway, you saw it and now I plan on hiring someone to do the rest of the house:)
Back to top Go down
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com/
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk wall painting...   Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 14:59

Andrea,

I'm like you, I prefer flat finishes for walls. I use Benjamin Moore's Matte Finish in my house. It's actually scrubbable!

I currently have a granny smith apple green kitchen in my house. I just moved into this house in Feb. & I had to work with the black & white tile in my kitchen. It's very cheerful! Sweet Daphne #529 My kitchen is open to a small den so I carried it through to that room also. It really helps brighten up my brown sectional!

I'll attach some pics if you're interested in seeing green! (It won't hurt my feeling if you're not!) lol
Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
simplyamom3
Art Luver
simplyamom3

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk wall painting...   Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 15:09

I like the flat paint. My whole house except my scraproom is painted Cream in my coffee.

The way my house is laid out I will leave the main parts of the house that color. My craft room is painted kind of blue green color. I can't remember the name. I am going to paint my oldest DD room this summer and I think we are going with Twilight colors kinda! My mom made her a Twilght quilt for Christmas and we are taking the red off of it and doing a wall red and then a Wall black and the rest white. She has the roon above the garage so her room is shaped different and I think it will look really cool.
Back to top Go down
http://simply-me-jennifer.blogspot.com/
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
ReneeLamb

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk wall painting...   Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 15:32

Having four kids and a dog - I. HATE. FLAT. PAINT!!!! UGH...it's impossible to keep them from smudges and dirt. I am in desperate want to repaint the walls into a semigloss so they are easier to wipe down.

I'm a fan of the semi-gloss and have repainted 2 of the rooms with it and only have the rest of the house to go! hahahahaha

Also, just a tip from someone who's been there done that. Paint your walls FIRST, then do new flooring! That way you don't have to worry about spills, splatters, etc!!!

I'd LOVE to see your apple green Andrea! Combined with the black/white tile, I bet that looks pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
*ANDREA*AMU*
Permanent Marker
*ANDREA*AMU*

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk wall painting...   Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 16:46

Sherry C wrote:
Andrea,

I'm like you, I prefer flat finishes for walls. I use Benjamin Moore's Matte Finish in my house. It's actually scrubbable!

I currently have a granny smith apple green kitchen in my house. I just moved into this house in Feb. & I had to work with the black & white tile in my kitchen. It's very cheerful! Sweet Daphne #529 My kitchen is open to a small den so I carried it through to that room also. It really helps brighten up my brown sectional!

I'll attach some pics if you're interested in seeing green! (It won't hurt my feeling if you're not!) lol
Yes, please do share photos when you can, Sherry! I'd love to see your kitchen, it sounds darling! One of our extra bedrooms is painted apple green, well, it's called Brush Meadow, but it looks apple green to me... I love it!
Back to top Go down
*ANDREA*AMU*
Permanent Marker
*ANDREA*AMU*

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk wall painting...   Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 16:51

simplyamom3 wrote:
I like the flat paint. My whole house except my scraproom is painted Cream in my coffee.

The way my house is laid out I will leave the main parts of the house that color. My craft room is painted kind of blue green color. I can't remember the name. I am going to paint my oldest DD room this summer and I think we are going with Twilight colors kinda! My mom made her a Twilght quilt for Christmas and we are taking the red off of it and doing a wall red and then a Wall black and the rest white. She has the roon above the garage so her room is shaped different and I think it will look really cool.

Jennifer, the plans for your dd's room sound really cool! My niece has her entire room painted black and then it's splattered everywhere with hot pink! Sounds ridiculous, but it does look pretty cool with all the other black furniture and hot pink accents. Anyway, that Twilight quilt I bet is fabulous that your mom made for her. I am sure your dd treasures that gift! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ashjoy
Permanent Marker
Ashjoy

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk wall painting...   Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 16:56

simplyamom3 wrote:

OMGosh! I can't wait to see it! You are such a good Mom!
Back to top Go down
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com/
*ANDREA*AMU*
Permanent Marker
*ANDREA*AMU*

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk wall painting...   Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 16:58

ReneeLamb wrote:
Having four kids and a dog - I. HATE. FLAT. PAINT!!!! UGH...it's impossible to keep them from smudges and dirt. I am in desperate want to repaint the walls into a semigloss so they are easier to wipe down.

I'm a fan of the semi-gloss and have repainted 2 of the rooms with it and only have the rest of the house to go! hahahahaha

Also, just a tip from someone who's been there done that. Paint your walls FIRST, then do new flooring! That way you don't have to worry about spills, splatters, etc!!!

I'd LOVE to see your apple green Andrea! Combined with the black/white tile, I bet that looks pretty cool!
Ohh yes, Renee... I am definitely planning on painting before we install the new flooring, but I have no idea when we'll be getting the flooring so for now I'm not even going to worry about starting anything with it.

So you like the semi-gloss?! Hmm... it's so hard. I mean, I don't mind the semi-gloss but lately I have really been leaning toward the look of flat. I can totally understand with kids though that it probably would be wise to have the semi-gloss.
Back to top Go down
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk wall painting...   Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 17:40

Okay, let's see if this works from photobucket!

[img]Let's talk wall painting... DSC_5953
[/img][img]Let's talk wall painting... DSC_5955[/img][img]Let's talk wall painting... DSC_5957[/img][img]Let's talk wall painting... DSC_5956[/img]

I plan to gut/remodel my kitchen in 2 years but this is what I came up with to make it work until then!
Please disregard hideous light fixtures, cheap cabinets, etc. LOL
Back to top Go down
*ANDREA*AMU*
Permanent Marker
*ANDREA*AMU*

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk wall painting...   Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 17:57

Sherry C wrote:
Okay, let's see if this works from photobucket!

[img]Let's talk wall painting... DSC_5953
[/img][img]Let's talk wall painting... DSC_5955[/img][img]Let's talk wall painting... DSC_5957[/img][img]Let's talk wall painting... DSC_5956[/img]

I plan to gut/remodel my kitchen in 2 years but this is what I came up with to make it work until then!
Please disregard hideous light fixtures, cheap cabinets, etc. LOL

That is sooo nice, Sherry! Love the green for a kitchen... very clean and fresh with the black and white! I may need to go green now, lol! Love the curtains in your den too! Beautiful rooms you have and thanks for sharing them with me!
Back to top Go down
simplyamom3
Art Luver
simplyamom3

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk wall painting...   Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 17:58

Oh Sherry I love that! I would do my house that color if I could. Green is my fav. color!
Back to top Go down
http://simply-me-jennifer.blogspot.com/
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk wall painting...   Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 18:24

Thanks Andrea & Jennifer! It is such a cheerful color, even on a drab, cold day!

Andrea, The window treatments came from Ballard Designs. Ready-made... can't beat that!
Back to top Go down
monique
Blank Canvas
monique

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk wall painting...   Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 18:28

Wow Sherry, I now love green for the walls!! Thanks for sharing those pics!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.moniquesscrapbook.blogspot.com
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk wall painting...   Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 19:47

hey andrea, we just painted our foyer and hallway upstairs Asparagus and it is bright bright bright, LOL! brain loves it but it doesn't match the kitchen but we want to redo that anyway. we are doing hardwood soon so it will look much better then

if you want help striping, i can help...it would just cost you some wine and your infinite Cricut wisdom. I love earth tones but we did our bedroom in a cool blue which i like and we put up some chair rail...but i loe a good neutral that you can just change furniture or towels, etc wheneer you want to versus having to change paint
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
LesleyC
Blank Canvas
LesleyC

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk wall painting...   Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 20:26

I am hopeless picking colours for interiors. No photo to much it up with (like a layout). <a href=http
We actually picked the colour scheme in a showhome because we could see the overall effect. How bad is that! Same colour right through the house except in diffrent strengths.

My piece of advice though is that if you take a lot of photos in your house make sure it photographs well as a background! Thats the one thing I dont like about our colour - it always looks blah in photos. LOL

Lesley
Back to top Go down
*ANDREA*AMU*
Permanent Marker
*ANDREA*AMU*

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk wall painting...   Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2010, 21:07

ellen s wrote:
hey andrea, we just painted our foyer and hallway upstairs Asparagus and it is bright bright bright, LOL! brain loves it but it doesn't match the kitchen but we want to redo that anyway. we are doing hardwood soon so it will look much better then

if you want help striping, i can help...it would just cost you some wine and your infinite Cricut wisdom. I love earth tones but we did our bedroom in a cool blue which i like and we put up some chair rail...but i loe a good neutral that you can just change furniture or towels, etc wheneer you want to versus having to change paint

Hey, E ... I forget what finish you have... the striping in your dining room area is flat isn't it?
I doubt that I'll do striping on the walls, but you are still welcome to come help paint! If we have wine though, I'm not sure how much painting we'd actually get done, or how good it would actually look! Lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk wall painting...   Let's talk wall painting... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's talk wall painting...
Page 1 of 1