For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
Let's talk soups... Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
Let's talk soups... Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
Let's talk soups... Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
Let's talk soups... Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
Let's talk soups... Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
Let's talk soups... Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
Let's talk soups... Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
Let's talk soups... Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
Let's talk soups... Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Let's talk soups...

Go down 
+3
ReneeLamb
Sherry C
amy coose
7 posters
AuthorMessage
amy coose
Blank Canvas
amy coose

Let's talk soups... Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk soups...   Let's talk soups... Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2011, 14:12

anyone have any good and EASY soup recipes? I made chicken chili with sweet potatoes the other day that was divine, and I'm dying for more yummy recipes. They have to be easy, though. Cooking is not my forte, LOL!
Back to top Go down
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk soups...   Let's talk soups... Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2011, 14:32

amy coose wrote:
anyone have any good and EASY soup recipes? I made chicken chili with sweet potatoes the other day that was divine, and I'm dying for more yummy recipes. They have to be easy, though. Cooking is not my forte, LOL!

Check out Sunday Soup by Betty Rosbottom. The recipes are divided by season and it has a good variety. It also has a small section with sandwich and salad recipes.

I would love your chicken chili recipe; sounds delicious and I love sweet potatoes!
Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
ReneeLamb

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk soups...   Let's talk soups... Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2011, 16:23

I actually just printed off a Healthier Potato Soup Recipe yesterday that I planned on making this weekend. Sounds so yummy!

Healthified Cheesy Potato Chowder

8 servings (1 1/4 cups each)

6 medium unpeeled red potatoes (2 lb), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 carton (32 oz) Progresso® reduced-sodium chicken broth (4 cups)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 bag (12 oz) Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen broccoli cuts
1/3 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1 cup fat-free (skim) milk
1 brick (8 oz) 2% milk reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups)*
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
4 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)

In 5-quart Dutch oven or boiling pot, place potatoes; add just enough water to cover. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Drain. Reserve 1 cup potatoes; return remaining potatoes to saucepan. In small bowl, mash reserved potatoes with fork; return to saucepan.
Stir in broth, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling. Add broccoli. Return to boiling; cook uncovered 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium.
In small bowl, stir flour into milk with wire whisk until well mixed. Add milk mixture to potato mixture, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens and boils. Stir in cheese until melted and smooth. Stir in sour cream and green onions; cook until thoroughly heated.
To serve, ladle soup into bowls.
Back to top Go down
http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
Lori Ness
Decorative Tape
Lori Ness

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk soups...   Let's talk soups... Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2011, 16:25

I love soup during the winter months, especially chicken wild rice... yum! I don't have any recipes to share but here's a link to All Recipes.com, I think the reviews are so helpful on this site.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Soups-Stews-and-Chili/Main.aspx
Back to top Go down
amy coose
Blank Canvas
amy coose

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk soups...   Let's talk soups... Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2011, 20:02

Lori, that site is where my chicken/sweet potatoe soup came from ,LOL! Sherry, I am going to check out that book as well. Renee, that sounds so yummy. I'm definitely going to try that recipe. Here is my recipe for my chicken chili soup...

Ingredients
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cubed
1 pound cooked chicken breast, cubed
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons water

1 cup frozen corn
1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions
1.Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in sweet potato, bell pepper, chicken, tomatoes, and 2 cups of water. Season with salt, chili powder, cumin, oregano, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and red pepper flakes. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Dissolve flour in 2 tablespoons water, and stir in to boiling stew. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the potatoes are tender but not mushy, 10 to 20 minutes. Stir the stew occasionally to keep it from sticking.
2.Once the potatoes are done, stir in corn and kidney beans. Cook a few minutes until hot, then stir in cilantro before serving.
Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 361 | Total Fat: 7.7g | Cholesterol: 57mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database
Back to top Go down
Kim Strother
Blank Canvas
Kim Strother

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk soups...   Let's talk soups... Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 01:04

Renee- I love potato cheese soup! This recipe sound great, I will have to try it.

Sorry- I don't have a soup recipe to share... I've never made soup before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovejoyscrap.blogspot.com
Lousyananut
Sketch Book
Lousyananut

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk soups...   Let's talk soups... Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 10:24

mmmm that sounds so yummy renee...probably would be even more tastier making your own broth which i tend to do with casseroles...i've never made soup either...just not a soup kinda gal... BUT i will have to try the potato soup!
Back to top Go down
http://whatsinalousyananut.blogspot.com
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
ReneeLamb

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk soups...   Let's talk soups... Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 10:33

Lousyananut wrote:
mmmm that sounds so yummy renee...probably would be even more tastier making your own broth which i tend to do with casseroles...i've never made soup either...just not a soup kinda gal... BUT i will have to try the potato soup!

This may be a real dumb question but how do you make your own broth?? With Chicken Bouillons?

I was also thinking of adding either bacon or some of the jalepeno cheese deer sausage in the soup. I'm just kind of scared to do that. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
ReneeDezember
Creative Mess
ReneeDezember

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk soups...   Let's talk soups... Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 11:58

oh I have one..Mexican Chicken Chili Smile
I will have to go lookin' for it...it's my favorite...I'll be back soon to share...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk soups...   Let's talk soups... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's talk soups...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For The Luv of Art :: Day to Day Chit Chat :: Day to Day Chit Chat-
Jump to: