For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What makes an online scrap site a home??

Go down 
+5
ReneeLamb
Sherry C
Sheri Twing
FarmDiva
amy coose
9 posters
AuthorMessage
amy coose
Blank Canvas
amy coose

What makes an online scrap site a home?? Empty
PostSubject: What makes an online scrap site a home??   What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2011, 18:56

I am just full of serious questions today, aren't I? lol!

There are a few MB's out there that have been around for awhile, and I was just curious what makes you pick one over another? For me, it's definitely the peeps involved, and what the site has to offer that makes me stick around. That's why I knew I wanted to be a part of this group at FTLOA!! What brought you here? Anything we could do to make this place your home away from home?
Back to top Go down
FarmDiva
Easel
FarmDiva

PostSubject: Re: What makes an online scrap site a home??   What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2011, 20:09

For me, FTLOA, is my scrappy home because this is where my scrappy friends from other boards have migrated from. I have been faithful at one in particular that changed hands (Rebecca from PP had it), then it went to another gal and then she closed. I've tried a few others, but keep coming back here. I know that I can be gone for a week or two (once up to a month) and still feel welcome here and not have to go into lengthy explanations.

The commaraderie (sp?), the longtime friends I've made, the nonjudgemental-ness (my spelling sucks today), and the no-ugliness unwritten rule is why I'm here. And besides .... FTLOA is fun!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sheri Twing
Creative Designer
Sheri Twing

PostSubject: Re: What makes an online scrap site a home??   What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2011, 23:04

Suzy said it best! It is definitely the people here that brought me and kept me coming back. I knew this was one place I wanted to be head over heels involved in. Other boards, seems like you just have a hard time breaking in. They already have their circles formed and you just get kind of lost. Not here though, everyone pulls you in and makes you feel welcome from the start!

Love it here!!!!
What makes an online scrap site a home?? 198327
Back to top Go down
http://www.auntierere.blogspot.com/
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

PostSubject: Re: What makes an online scrap site a home??   What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2011, 23:20

I think it's easier to find an actual house than to find a scrappy home! I've been here from day one (thanks to an invitation from Carrie F.) and it's been amazing. Here are just a few reasons I love this place so much...

1. The members (and Norma) are friendly, supportive and talented.
2. The message board is easy to navigate, active, and drama-free! (very important!)
3. The inspiration from the DT and Members keep my scrappy mojo running.
4. Shopping is a breeze here; a great store with fabulous service!
5. This site is very welcoming to new members.
6. The gallery is FULL of inspiration.
7. I'm addicted to the weekly challenges! lol

Like Suzy, I've been so happy to reconnect with friends from different sites. As an added bonus, I've made new friends too! Before FTLOA opened, I hopped from site to site trying to find the right fit; I was so happy to finally find a scrappy home!
Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
ReneeLamb

PostSubject: Re: What makes an online scrap site a home??   What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 10:52

FarmDiva wrote:
For me, FTLOA, is my scrappy home because this is where my scrappy friends from other boards have migrated from. I have been faithful at one in particular that changed hands (Rebecca from PP had it), then it went to another gal and then she closed. I've tried a few others, but keep coming back here. I know that I can be gone for a week or two (once up to a month) and still feel welcome here and not have to go into lengthy explanations.

The commaraderie (sp?), the longtime friends I've made, the nonjudgemental-ness (my spelling sucks today), and the no-ugliness unwritten rule is why I'm here. And besides .... FTLOA is fun!!!!

ditto to what Suzy said. She said it beautifully and I met many of these wonderful ladies through the site she mentioned closed. I was lost in the cyber world until Norma opened FTLOA so it's been an awesome homecoming! Heart U
Back to top Go down
http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
Ashjoy
Permanent Marker
Ashjoy

PostSubject: Re: What makes an online scrap site a home??   What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 11:19

I think it's all about feeling welcome and honored to be part of something bigger then one person.
Back to top Go down
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com/
maddawg
Art Luver
maddawg

PostSubject: Re: What makes an online scrap site a home??   What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 19:48

well what every one else says. love that.
Back to top Go down
llmancini
Sketch Book
llmancini

PostSubject: Re: What makes an online scrap site a home??   What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 20:10

This is a hard question Amy but a very good one.

As someone who has bounced around from board to board after a site I called home closed - it was hard to find one where you don't feel like an outsider. For me - I look for a lot of things...and for that reason maybe frequent more than one site to get different things from each.

The first and most important is it needs to be friendly! I hate cliques...I hate when you have a site and it is just the DT chatting amongst themselves and I really do not want to get involved in any drama.

I like places where I can be inspired by others work...and where there is a good mix of both personal and scrapbooking material to chat about on the boards. For me some places are just too small and I find I have nothing in common with the members - other places are so large that you post something and it gets lost in the other 50 posts that day. In the end it is scrapbooking that brought us all together so it is what I want to chat about and want to learn about..kwim?

I think its really hard to find the balance. After all everyone is at different levels - has different interests - and like to either be chatty in which case larger homes are good - and others like to sit in the background and observe.

If I don't like the Vibe of a board than honestly I move on - and I think there is nothing worse then when someone puts themselves out there and introduces themselves and no one comments or welcomes them - thats my signal to turn around and start looking some more!

I do think it is sad though and wonder why boards in general are not as busy as they used to be? Sooo many sites have closed - and their forums - going to blogs etc..it makes me wonder where everyone has gone!
Back to top Go down
http://lorimancini.typepad.com
alligatorally
Digital Designer
alligatorally

PostSubject: Re: What makes an online scrap site a home??   What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 22:20

nice girls
no drama
good inspiration
love
What makes an online scrap site a home?? 198327
Back to top Go down
http://www.makenziandmadilyn.com
alligatorally
Digital Designer
alligatorally

PostSubject: Re: What makes an online scrap site a home??   What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 22:22

llmancini wrote:

I do think it is sad though and wonder why boards in general are not as busy as they used to be? Sooo many sites have closed - and their forums - going to blogs etc..it makes me wonder where everyone has gone!

me too!
I sort of miss the old days when things were hoppin'. where did everybody go?
Back to top Go down
http://www.makenziandmadilyn.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What makes an online scrap site a home??   What makes an online scrap site a home?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What makes an online scrap site a home??
Page 1 of 1