For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
Need to purge!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
Need to purge!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
Need to purge!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
Need to purge!!! Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
Need to purge!!! Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
Need to purge!!! Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
Need to purge!!! Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
Need to purge!!! Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
Need to purge!!! Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Need to purge!!!

Go down 
+3
Sherry C
CKMommy
Sheri Twing
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sheri Twing
Creative Designer
Sheri Twing

Need to purge!!! Empty
PostSubject: Need to purge!!!   Need to purge!!! Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 10:19

Arrgghhh!!!! I'm in the middle of moving and have packed my scrapbooking stuff. I can't believe how much I need to purge! I just did that a few months ago but I can't believe how much I have again! And I really have made changes to my purchasing habits because of that. But now I find myself wanting to get rid of stuff again! I just don't like having a lot of excess around me that I know I won't use.

I'd love to do some giveaways on my blog. My only thing is that some of the things are "outdated" in the scrap world right now, even though they are perfectly good products.

How do you feel about giveaways with older product? I just wouldn't want people to feel that I was trying to dump my junk on them!!!

Or if you have other ideas, I'm open!!! (Moving always makes me crazy like this!) Love
Back to top Go down
http://www.auntierere.blogspot.com/
CKMommy
Art Luver
CKMommy

Need to purge!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to purge!!!   Need to purge!!! Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 10:54

LOL, Sheri, I had the exact same problem when I moved. I ended up boxing all my purged items and moving them anyway...the box is still sitting in my basement :O I think I will donate them to my sons school. I've seen lots of art projects in the hallways using older scrapbooking products.
Back to top Go down
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

Need to purge!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to purge!!!   Need to purge!!! Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 18:47

When we had a lss, I used to sell stuff in their yard sale. Now that it's closed, I just take my stuff to my kids' school. The teachers love it!!

Happy purging! Smile

Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
ReneeLamb

Need to purge!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to purge!!!   Need to purge!!! Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2011, 12:00

Sherry - I say post that you are purging and that you want to RAK some and then donate some. I've come to find that most people (myself included) don't really mind older product and it's new to me and can still be fun!

If they don't want to participate they don't have to but I'm sure there will be tons of ladies out there who don't really care about current trends or products!
Back to top Go down
http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

Need to purge!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to purge!!!   Need to purge!!! Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2011, 12:08

ReneeLamb wrote:
Sherry - I say post that you are purging and that you want to RAK some and then donate some. I've come to find that most people (myself included) don't really mind older product and it's new to me and can still be fun!

If they don't want to participate they don't have to but I'm sure there will be tons of ladies out there who don't really care about current trends or products!

I agree!
Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
Garsy
Easel
Garsy

Need to purge!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to purge!!!   Need to purge!!! Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2011, 23:53

I too agree with Renee!
Back to top Go down
Norma Kennedy
Vintage
Norma Kennedy

Need to purge!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to purge!!!   Need to purge!!! Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2011, 06:35

Ditto the girls here.

I find that I use to love older product give aways and usually it was stuff I had wanted but
never got my self or was never able to find locally as I use to not do a lot of internet shopping.

Whats GREAT is that there is always new beginner scrappers that can appreciate purged goods !

Our church is having a yard sale to earn mula for the teen dept outings and I am donating a ton
for their yard sale. So it's all going for a good cause.

If all else fails there are always Churches or non profit organizations that can use it.
Our church nursery also loves when I donate goodies for them to craft with.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fortheluvofart.blogspot.com
Jenny-Lynn
Blank Canvas
Jenny-Lynn

Need to purge!!! Empty
PostSubject: Donation Idea   Need to purge!!! Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2011, 15:29

I know this conversation was posted a long time ago, but I thought I would add another idea. A few years back a relative found themselves in a situation where they felt they needed some extra help and checked themselves into a local rehab facility. While there they noticed that there was quite a bit of down time while between sessions and nothing to do. Since then we have taken the opportunity to box up extra scrap supplies, cheap games, books, videos and dvd's on a regular basis. The scrapbooking supplies have been SO well received that I find myself no longer feeling bad about buying a few extras just to donate!
xoxo,
Jenny-Lynn

Heart U
Back to top Go down
http://lynnbobscrap-gigglesand.blogspot.com/
Sheri Twing
Creative Designer
Sheri Twing

Need to purge!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to purge!!!   Need to purge!!! Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2011, 21:33

Wow that's a great idea Jenny! Thanks so much for sharing it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.auntierere.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Need to purge!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need to purge!!!   Need to purge!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need to purge!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For The Luv of Art :: Everything Scrapbooking :: Everything Scrapbooking-
Jump to: