For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
learning to swim Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
learning to swim Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
learning to swim Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
learning to swim Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
learning to swim Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
learning to swim Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
learning to swim Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
learning to swim Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
learning to swim Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

learning to swim

Go down 
+3
*ANDREA*AMU*
Sherry C
ellen s
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

learning to swim Empty
PostSubject: learning to swim   learning to swim Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2011, 10:49

so owen is a total fish. he was never scared of the water (which makes me nervous, too) but henry was never into it.

there were times even this summer he wouldn't even go in the water when we went to the pool. and i love to swim.

so, all of a sudden, this week at my sister's...he started jumping off the dock, going all the way under and swimming all around the lake on his own (with a life vest on of course). it was like a switch turned on and bam! we couldn't get him out of the water! now, he still has a life vest on but still, it's amazing how they get over their fears like that.

and now he is asking to swim every minute of the day, LOL! i wish we had our own pool sometimes so i could work from home and let them play all day. gotta play that lotto Wink
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

learning to swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: learning to swim   learning to swim Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2011, 11:02

That's wonderful! It's such a relief when they get over the fear. Now you can enjoy the rest of the summer! We want to put a pool in too, but I have a couple of indoor projects I'd like to complete first.
Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
*ANDREA*AMU*
Permanent Marker
*ANDREA*AMU*

learning to swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: learning to swim   learning to swim Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2011, 12:30

I want a pool too!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://imlivinonscraps.blogspot.com/
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
ReneeLamb

learning to swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: learning to swim   learning to swim Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2011, 13:16

That's awesome! I guess he had to decide on his own he was ready to swim! But now that he's loving it you will have two fishes now!

I would love to have a pool again. We had one in our house in AZ, man miss that pool. The girls are all fishes too. They can literally swim ALL day.
Back to top Go down
http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
Garsy
Easel
Garsy

learning to swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: learning to swim   learning to swim Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2011, 19:25

My kids would love to have a pool as well! My kids LOVE to swim! They're not the most technically beautiful swimmers, but they can get in and get around! But alas no pool here and I don't think I'd ever have one on our property! Just too much responsibility and we have WAY to many kids in the neighborhood that would want to be here ALL the time.

So we rely on the Y, a good friend and a community pool just a few miles away!

Blessings,

Garsy
Back to top Go down
rebeccak
Creative Mess
rebeccak

learning to swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: learning to swim   learning to swim Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2011, 23:37

My kids had kind of an aha moment this year too. They both wear vests in the pool, but now they are not just standing on the stairs or holding onto the wall. Neither of them wants to learn how to go under or swim without the vest though. I know I will have to do lessons, but they dont do well in big groups and small or individual classes are SO expensive. I taught myself to swim so I dont know how to deal with the fear of going under water, but I am just trying to be super patient and not push and start by getting them to blow bubbles etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myclutteredcorner.com/
rkokes
Art Luver
rkokes

learning to swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: learning to swim   learning to swim Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2011, 19:18

it's time for my daughter to take some lessons. hope to get her into something yet this year. she loves the water, but hasn't wanted to do anything without being able to touch the bottom, or being held by an adult. I am hoping if it comes from someone other than her parents, and she sees the other kids in class doing it, she will want to really get going.
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativekokes.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

learning to swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: learning to swim   learning to swim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

learning to swim
Page 1 of 1