For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

on getting older and staying healthy

Go down 
+3
Norma Kennedy
CKMommy
alligatorally
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alligatorally
Digital Designer
alligatorally

on getting older and staying healthy Empty
PostSubject: on getting older and staying healthy   on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 09:11

we got a HUGE wake up call last night in the form of an ER visit for my husband- he is a big, healthy, strong 40-something guy and never has health issues... but he thought he was having a heart attack last night.
omg.
thank goodness it was diagnosed as palpitations, and he is just fine. but there are diet changes and exercise- and doctor visits, and stress tests and relaxation in store here for both of us!!

I'm telling you, I don't like getting older and having to deal with this stuff, but I am determined to keep us away from that ER.
I've decided that each day I have to do something to increase our health. Today I have to make an appointment for my husband to see a heart doctor and follow up - and I am not allowing any junk food or caffeine in this house.

I think my family may get sick of me now but I feel like I have to be the food/health nazi now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.makenziandmadilyn.com
CKMommy
Art Luver
CKMommy

PostSubject: Re: on getting older and staying healthy   on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 10:58

Thats so scary. I'm glad you're husband is okay.

We're trying to be healthier at our house too. Lots more fruits and vegis and more time walking/running/riding bikes.
Back to top Go down
Norma Kennedy
Vintage
Norma Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: on getting older and staying healthy   on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 12:08

Oh Kristi .... How scary is that but I am glad to hear he is ok !!!!!!!

I agree with you but I am having a hard time here.
For instance I started creating salads with every meal.
Well the only ones who will eat it is Isabella and me.

I have never in 16 years seen Damien eat a fruit of any kind.
He refuses !!!!!! So frustrating but I have not given up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fortheluvofart.blogspot.com
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: on getting older and staying healthy   on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 14:26

oh gosh that is so scary

i am so glad brian lost weight over the past few years. 40 lbs...with all of the cancer in his family, we really decided to get it together though we can do better.

i am so glad he is okay. but yes, it's scary stuff! stick to your guns, girl! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
Sheri Twing
Creative Designer
Sheri Twing

PostSubject: Re: on getting older and staying healthy   on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 14:49

Oh I'm right there with you Kristi! We've made some major changes in just the past few months. I've totally changed my cooking from heavier comfort foods to now healthy fresh meals. My daughter and I have joined Weight Watchers in the last month. Even though weight comes off slowly, it's not all about that (even though that's our ultimate goal) but it's more about learning how to make better choices and cook healthier....for us it is anyway. We are really enjoying it and the family is reaping the benefits. Hubby is loving my lighter style of cooking and says he is feeling better already......

I don't like getting older either so I feel your pain but I finally realized it's happening whether I want it to or not so I'd rather be getting older healthy than not!!!

Good luck to you! (So glad your hubby is ok)
Back to top Go down
http://www.auntierere.blogspot.com/
alligatorally
Digital Designer
alligatorally

PostSubject: Re: on getting older and staying healthy   on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 14:55

one more thing I've decided to do is the juicing thing- I used to make fresh carrot juice all the time (I know, sounds awful, right??) and it made for a very healthy and surprisingly filling morning ritual.

do any of you girls juice?
Back to top Go down
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
ReneeLamb

PostSubject: Re: on getting older and staying healthy   on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 16:52

That is scary Kristi! Glad it was minor but you're right. Sometimes it takes a scare to set us straight and really focus on our health.

Thank you for the reminder to try and do better myself.

I've never done the juice thing but I was totally LMAO when you asked if any of juice. I think of steriods when I hear juicing....hahahaha
Back to top Go down
http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

PostSubject: Re: on getting older and staying healthy   on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 23:16

So relieved your hubby is doing okay, very scary! Someone has to be the food police in every house, so wear your badge with pride! After all, you're keeping everyone healthy!

No, I don't juice! lol
Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
alligatorally
Digital Designer
alligatorally

PostSubject: Re: on getting older and staying healthy   on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 08:47

LOL! no steroids Smile

I used to use a juice machine almost every day and if you mix carrots and apples together, you get a surprisingly yummy drink, and the enzymes from the juice are SO good for you. the carrot juice is supposed to be a wonderful wonderful thing for over all health.

I'm shopping for a new juicer today.

and I'll have ya'll juicing before you know it!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: on getting older and staying healthy   on getting older and staying healthy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

on getting older and staying healthy
Page 1 of 1