For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

QOTD 8/17

Go down 
+7
CKMommy
alligatorally
Norma Kennedy
simplyamom3
Sherry C
Sheri Twing
ellen s
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

QOTD 8/17 Empty
PostSubject: QOTD 8/17   QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2011, 11:51

Speaking of babies....

If you have children..how did you decide on their name(s)? If you don't have kids...do you have a favorite baby name?
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
Sheri Twing
Creative Designer
Sheri Twing

QOTD 8/17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QOTD 8/17   QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2011, 12:10

I just have one daughter....her name is Ashley. Ok, I'm embarrassed to admit this but before she was born, I used to watch Young and the Restless and "Ashley Jabot" was a character on the show. Now this was over 22 years ago, so believe it or not, it was not a very common name at that time. I love original names and I hadn't heard of "Ashley" much and I loved the name, so when I had my daughter, that's what we named her!

Needless to say, by the time she got in school, there were numerous "Ashley's" and always more than one in every class she was in! Oh well, I still love the name....
Back to top Go down
http://www.auntierere.blogspot.com/
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

QOTD 8/17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QOTD 8/17   QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2011, 13:12

Our son (George Harold C. IV) is named after Father, Grandfather, and Great-Grandafather! It was not my first choice but I'm good with it now! lol

I decided that if I had a girl, I would just choose two names I love and that is what we did! (Paige Mackenzie C.)

Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
simplyamom3
Art Luver
simplyamom3

QOTD 8/17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QOTD 8/17   QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2011, 14:04

I have 3 kids of course.

1.Kristin Jane-
Kristin- is the only name Jason and I both liked and also got it from Days of Our Lives.
Jane-Is my middle name, my moms middle name, My grandmas middle name and so on and so on.

2.William Gray
William was my grandfather, he died when my mom was young so it was important to me since Will is the only boy in our family to name him after my grandfather.
Gray is Jasons middle name, his dads, his grandfathers and so on and so on..

Now Sydney Tea- (put a line over her e) Jason named her-

Sydney was Jennifer Garner name in Alias Jasons all time favorite show.
Tea- Jason wanted this to be her first name and I wouldn't let it be. Living in the south I didnt want a daughter named "sweet Tea".

So thats it! No more babies for me but Kristin is going to name her baby Arriabella for me because I adore that name!

Back to top Go down
http://simply-me-jennifer.blogspot.com/
Norma Kennedy
Vintage
Norma Kennedy

QOTD 8/17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QOTD 8/17   QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2011, 15:10

What a GREAT question !

I really enjoyed reading how every one picked their kids names.

Cade my oldest was named after a character on the Sci-Fi channel.
The hubs is a nerd.

Seth Cole is a name I have loved since I was little.
It took us for ever to come up with his name though. We actually left the hospital not having named him yet.

Isabella Julia was name after my dad's sister who died in his arms & my grandma.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fortheluvofart.blogspot.com
alligatorally
Digital Designer
alligatorally

QOTD 8/17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QOTD 8/17   QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2011, 19:13

William is my favorite boys name- but we have no boys.

my girls are Ally, because that is what my husband wanted desperately to call his girl. love that Smile

and Elsy is so named because I saw it on our family tree! I don't know who the ancestor is, but I liked how she spelled it and I don't know any other elsys.

and I think its funny that every little old lady I know loves her name
Back to top Go down
http://www.makenziandmadilyn.com
CKMommy
Art Luver
CKMommy

QOTD 8/17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QOTD 8/17   QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2011, 19:42

I have 3 munchkins.

Cole Bradley is the oldest, we didn't even really discuss his name. When I was pregnant with him the hubby said, "if it's a boy can we name him Cole?" I said "sure" and that was it. He's named after my hubby and FIL.

Kayleigh Joan is in the middle. She's named after me, my FIL, my mom, my Grandma, and my great Grandfather. She's got a lotta history in her name!

Austin Mark is named after my dad. He came home from the hospital without a name. He was born when my hubby was in Alaska (oops)! We hadn't decided on a name before he left so he was "the baby" for several days until we decided on a name. BUT now he's two and he insists on being called Hamburger...he's a funny kid with an adorable personality!
Back to top Go down
*ANDREA*AMU*
Permanent Marker
*ANDREA*AMU*

QOTD 8/17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QOTD 8/17   QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2011, 20:25

For mine, I wanted to keep with the "A" theme for girls since my gram is Arla, my mom is Anna (but prefers to be called Ann) and I am of course, Andrea. I really liked the name Ava before it started to become common, and I thought it was cool that Ava was a short three letter name just like our last name of "Amu"... and they both began with an A, so even better! I chose her middle name of Noel because that's a name I've always loved and I thought it sounded pretty with Ava. I just couldn't figure out how I wanted to spell it, Noel or Noelle. DH liked Noel better so that's what we went with.

Then Amelia... also another name I've loved for so long. I am really partial to more old fashion names, and I think Amelia is one of the most beautiful old fashion names there is! In college I had a sorority sister who's name is GraceAnn and I absolutely loved that name. I thought GraceAnn sounded perfect with Amelia, plus I got to give her part of my mom's name.

Not too long ago I had a dream... and in my dream I was struggling with having lost a baby... like I do everyday of my "awake" life. In my dream God spoke to me and he told me not to worry, and I can remember feeling really safe and comforted. He then told me that I will have another child and I am to name her "Cadance Faith". I remembered this dream crystal clear when I woke up... so surreal! Anyway... don't know what to think of Cadance! A "C" name would break my streak of "A" names!
Back to top Go down
http://imlivinonscraps.blogspot.com/
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

QOTD 8/17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QOTD 8/17   QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2011, 22:58

*ANDREA*AMU* wrote:
Not too long ago I had a dream... and in my dream I was struggling with having lost a baby... like I do everyday of my "awake" life. In my dream God spoke to me and he told me not to worry, and I can remember feeling really safe and comforted. He then told me that I will have another child and I am to name her "Cadance Faith". I remembered this dream crystal clear when I woke up... so surreal! Anyway... don't know what to think of Cadance! A "C" name would break my streak of "A" names!

This made me laugh and cry! QOTD 8/17 185593
Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
Ashjoy
Permanent Marker
Ashjoy

QOTD 8/17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QOTD 8/17   QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2011, 20:57

If I had that dream I think Candance it would be Andrea!

I totally made up my dd's name at the time. I had never heard of Ashlyn and everyone was naming their babies Ashley and I wanted to be different.
Back to top Go down
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com/
Melonie
Creative Mess
Melonie

QOTD 8/17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QOTD 8/17   QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2011, 09:31

Sherry C wrote:
*ANDREA*AMU* wrote:

This made me laugh and cry! QOTD 8/17 185593

Same here. (((HUGS))) Andrea.

With Evan we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl so we had picked out the names Kylee Elizabeth and Gavin Jacob. (Hey Ellen...Owen was a close second) We kept the names from family and were steadfast that those would be the names we used. In October (I was due in January) Elliott's cousin had a baby girl and named her....yup you guessed it Kyleigh!! It worked out fine because we had a boy...but man was I secretly upset for a couple of weeks LOL! Anyway...2 days before we had Evan I had a dream that I had a boy and named him Evan James...when I told hubby he loved it and the rest is history. James is Hubby's middle name.
Fast Forward 2 years and we are preggers with Marlee. We DID find out we were having a girl and so the race was on to find another name we liked. Lee is my Mom's middle name so I knew I wanted it included and since Kylee was out we went with Marlee. At the time it wasn't popular but I've heard of so many more Marlee's now. Elizabeth was my Grandma's middle name. She died when I was 15 and it was important to me to use that name too. Everyone always compliments Marlee's name and says that Marlee Madison sounds like a movie stars name...so you KNOW she loves that!
Back to top Go down
creativelyme
Easel
creativelyme

QOTD 8/17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QOTD 8/17   QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2011, 12:31

I have two shorties, girl and boy respectively.

My daughter is Emilee Lynn..
In the beginning we thought we would only ever have one child, and seeing as I only have one sibling I really wanted to include his name (Lee) in the naming of my child. When we found out we were having a girl, it was like 'uh-oh' what do I do now!?!? But then flipping through a baby name book, I came across this spelling of Emilee and loved it! So I still managed to name my first born after my brother in a round-a-bout way. The 'Lynn' comes from me, as it is my middle name.

4 years later, we had our son, Connor Benjamin. All along my husband wanted to call him Wyatt Conrad Augustin. (The two middle names are after our respective grandfathers). However, when my son was born he in NO WAY looked like a Wyatt. On day two, my husband says 'well what do you think he looks like then'.. and when I looked at him, he just looked like a Connor to me. Seeing as my grandfather's name was Conrad, and my hubby's grandfathers last name is Connelly, I feel like we combined the two with Connor. As for the 'Benjamin', it is tied to a funny story with my husbands grandfather, and always makes us think of him and how he used to tease me.
Back to top Go down
http://sprinklingartfreckles.blogspot.ca/
Sponsored content

QOTD 8/17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: QOTD 8/17   QOTD 8/17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QOTD 8/17
Page 1 of 1