For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How do you Feel About Yourself???

Go down 
+7
ellen s
leigh
simplyamom3
Ashjoy
amywelch
CarrieF.
jessiw
11 posters
AuthorMessage
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

How do you Feel About Yourself??? Empty
PostSubject: How do you Feel About Yourself???   How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2010, 13:01

I came across this beautiful post by Shakti MamaHere

I realize as scrapbookers, we are told to include ourselves in our stories, but how many of you do or don't. I am a big fan of including myself....b/c how else is anyone gonna know about me in the future. How are my kids gonna know exactly what I was like at 27...when they won't really be able to remember it. I probably won't do every single prompt that Shakti Mama is doing, but I will be participating some...I think it is a beautiful thing that she is doing...trying to get women to love themselves and see the beauty in the flaws and different parts of who they are.

How do you feel about self portraits?
Back to top Go down
http://pahm30.blogspot.com
CarrieF.
Life Artisit
CarrieF.

PostSubject: Re: How do you Feel About Yourself???   How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2010, 13:16

i couldn't agree with you more jessi ... totally!

as i get older i have very few hangups about myself in pictures. 'i am what i am' kind of thing. Smile and i love looking at pictures of my mom when i was a kid. those are some of my very favorite pictures of her.
Back to top Go down
http://carrieferrier.blogspot.com/
amywelch
Art Luver
amywelch

PostSubject: Re: How do you Feel About Yourself???   How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2010, 08:59

I love this idea jessi! TFS!
I am on of the ones that doesnt scrap herself Sad I really need to change that
Back to top Go down
Ashjoy
Permanent Marker
Ashjoy

PostSubject: Re: How do you Feel About Yourself???   How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2010, 09:02

I was going to do a call that is due tomorrow but can't get past the "page about yourself" so don't think it's going to happen. Guess that says it all. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com/
simplyamom3
Art Luver
simplyamom3

PostSubject: Re: How do you Feel About Yourself???   How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2010, 09:18

I have done a whole lot of journaling about myself and stories about me when I was growing up but I haven't put a whole lot of the stories in my scrapbooks.

I guess its mainly because I am always the one with the camera and if I give it to DH he is taking stupid pictures of stuff like my butt and I really don't want my butt in my scrapbooks!
Back to top Go down
http://simply-me-jennifer.blogspot.com/
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

PostSubject: Re: How do you Feel About Yourself???   How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2010, 09:54

Oh, girls all I can say is TURN THOSE CAMERAS AROUND. Believe me, I used to think I looked so stupid in pictures....but I learned to love myself, flaws and all. I believe my nostrils are flared in so many photos...even in one of my wedding photos, but hey I learned to live with it.

Also, when people look back at your scrapbooks, they are gonna see scrapbooks of your family, but you are a part of that family....A MAJOR PART. So shouldn't they see you in those pages. And learn a little bit about you at the same time??? I really believe in scrapping about yourself. And it's like I said on my blog post today I think beauty radiates from the inside out. If you are beautiful on the inside it radiates outward.. That being said if you have a nasty attitude and are ugly on the inside then I think that comes out too, no matter what your physical appearance may be.

And, while I am at it, I just want to say I think all you girls are beautiful!! I hope you see that in yourselves. IN FACT, I challenge you to get a self portrait in the next week...it can be any kind of self portrait. Share with us here....embrace yourselves...even those flaws!! Look at my blog post for ideas..I even took a very close up of my least fave part of myself Smile Smile
http://jessiscorner.blogspot.com/2010/07/how-do-you-see-yourself.html
Back to top Go down
http://pahm30.blogspot.com
leigh
Art Luver
leigh

PostSubject: Re: How do you Feel About Yourself???   How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2010, 13:04

I usually include myself a fair bit in my scrapping. For the same reasons you said, Jessi. If something were to happen to me, would my kids know anything about me and what's important to me? (Because I doubt my dh could tell them much. Rolling Eyes )
I'm not as good with the self portraits, but I will hand my camera over to my kids (& occasionally dh) and ask them to take my picture.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leighpenner.blogspot.com
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: How do you Feel About Yourself???   How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2010, 12:51

i include myself, prob not as much as you guys do but i journal from my perspective and i think that means a lot too. my mom asked me why i do it that way versus in the 3rd person and i want ppl to know why that picture or moment meant enough to me to document it if that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
tinkiesue
Creative Mess
tinkiesue

PostSubject: Re: How do you Feel About Yourself???   How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2010, 14:26

I totally see the importance in it but don't include myself very often, except maybe the pics of when I was younger. I always say I'm going to start and never do.

sue
Back to top Go down
lilith
Blank Canvas
lilith

PostSubject: Re: How do you Feel About Yourself???   How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2010, 14:51

I like doing this from time to time, when I have a decent picture of myself, which is not so often:)
Back to top Go down
http://grrlscrap.blogspot.com
Garsy
Easel
Garsy

PostSubject: Re: How do you Feel About Yourself???   How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2010, 23:12

In the last couple of years I've had a lot more pictures of me taken than in the previous 10 year combined! Most of this is because I began to realize that I wasn't in ANY of the pictures in my family albums unless they were pictures taken at big family gatherings and someone had sent them to me! and most of them were big group shots!

So I talked to my husband about it and he and my eldest daughter have been more than willing to take the camera out of my hands once in a while! I haven't scrapbooked any of these yet - but I'm looking forward to it!

Blessings,

Garsy
Back to top Go down
llmancini
Sketch Book
llmancini

PostSubject: Re: How do you Feel About Yourself???   How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 19:04

I think it is totally important but never do it - why - I don't know - most likely cause when I look at photos of myself I don't recognize the person in the photo's - I still see myself at 21 - great body - looking good and then WHAM it hits me LOL!! Am I the only one that gets a shock when looking at photo's - I hope not - because I am being super truthfull here.

I do need to make an effort more - maybe we can make a challenge of it??
Back to top Go down
http://lorimancini.typepad.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you Feel About Yourself???   How do you Feel About Yourself??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you Feel About Yourself???
Page 1 of 1