For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
If I want to buy a sewing maching.... Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
If I want to buy a sewing maching.... Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
If I want to buy a sewing maching.... Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
If I want to buy a sewing maching.... Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
If I want to buy a sewing maching.... Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
If I want to buy a sewing maching.... Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
If I want to buy a sewing maching.... Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
If I want to buy a sewing maching.... Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
If I want to buy a sewing maching.... Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

If I want to buy a sewing maching....

Go down 
+3
*ANDREA*AMU*
jessiw
StacyArmstrong
7 posters
AuthorMessage
StacyArmstrong
Blank Canvas
StacyArmstrong

If I want to buy a sewing maching.... Empty
PostSubject: If I want to buy a sewing maching....   If I want to buy a sewing maching.... Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2010, 11:33

If I wanted to buy a good starter sewing machine.....just for small craft projects, purses, simple stuff which one would you buy (on a tight budget) and where?

I've seen some at Target and Wal Mart, but I have no idea if these are good or not so good.
Would you buy a reconditioned one?

My daughter wants to learn (play) on it too. She's 13 and a perfect age to learn.

Thanks in advance for your advice and thoughts.

Back to top Go down
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

PostSubject: Re: If I want to buy a sewing maching....   If I want to buy a sewing maching.... Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2010, 12:02

I got mine at Wal-Mart and it was a Brother (Project Runway Limited Edition). I don't know if they still have that one or not, b/c I have had mine a year or so....but it was a good price..not to expensive and I LOVE IT!!! It's great for starting out. I hope you have good luck finding a good deal on one!!
Back to top Go down
http://pahm30.blogspot.com
*ANDREA*AMU*
Permanent Marker
*ANDREA*AMU*

PostSubject: Re: If I want to buy a sewing maching....   If I want to buy a sewing maching.... Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2010, 13:05

I'm the wrong person to ask for sure. I got a Pixie craft sewing machine by Singer a few months ago... it was on clearance at Wal-Mart for $50. I have yet to use it... I really need to have someone to show me how to use it as I haven't used a sewing machine since 7th grade Home-Ec class! Ohh Ellen and Joyce... maybe you two can help me out! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://imlivinonscraps.blogspot.com/
kristy*cox
Blank Canvas
kristy*cox

PostSubject: Re: If I want to buy a sewing maching....   If I want to buy a sewing maching.... Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2010, 22:33

i got a janome off overstock.com and its been awesome!! it was about $60 and then like 2.95 shipping
Back to top Go down
Ashjoy
Permanent Marker
Ashjoy

PostSubject: Re: If I want to buy a sewing maching....   If I want to buy a sewing maching.... Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2010, 23:20

I got a Janome on over stock as well (enabler Kristy!) it's an OK starter machine but it does have it's flaws. Mine was $65. I believe and is reconditioned. It wouldn't be the best to finish a quilt top but does work well enough for crafts, bags and scrapbooking. I'm sure I will upgrade one day but not sure to what. I did by the least expensive Brother at WalMart first and it was very cheap, had awful reviews and it wasn't easy to assemble so I returned it. Let us know what you decide.
Back to top Go down
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com/
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: If I want to buy a sewing maching....   If I want to buy a sewing maching.... Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2010, 11:34

I have a Singer Simple
it is very easy to use but it has tension issues....my mom is an avid sewer and she got it for me and i trust her judgement...

Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
Ksimmonds
Digital Designer
Ksimmonds

PostSubject: Re: If I want to buy a sewing maching....   If I want to buy a sewing maching.... Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2010, 13:22

Most basic sewing machines will work. Kenmore, Janome and generic brands are fine, the more bells and whistle the better the machine for more than basic simple sewing and sewing through paper itself.

I have a computerized Janome New home but that is because my degree is in clothing design. I will say that you need to change needles and tension when working with paper. Some people I know have a machine for paper crafting and another for fabric sewing for that reason.
Back to top Go down
http://www.glittershineandbling.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If I want to buy a sewing maching....   If I want to buy a sewing maching.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If I want to buy a sewing maching....
Page 1 of 1