For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Pom Pom Garland Tutorials

Go down 
+2
alligatorally
jessiw
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Empty
PostSubject: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2010, 09:22

I've seen some Pom Pom Garland tutorials that I would love to try. I am wanting to make some bigger ones for Izzy's birthday party. I saw this one using floral wire, but do you think you could sew the middles together and sew several different pom pom's together to make a garland or banner??

Here is the tutorial I saw:
http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/article/pom-poms-and-luminarias
Back to top Go down
http://pahm30.blogspot.com
alligatorally
Digital Designer
alligatorally

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2010, 23:01

I made those exact poms for a baby shower, and had a bunch left over so I hung them up in my girls' room- believe it or not, they are heavier than you think. a garland would end up being pretty heavy unless you made little poms.

if you make one, I wanna see! they are so pretty and festive Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.makenziandmadilyn.com
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2010, 23:39

alligatorally wrote:
I made those exact poms for a baby shower, and had a bunch left over so I hung them up in my girls' room- believe it or not, they are heavier than you think. a garland would end up being pretty heavy unless you made little poms.

if you make one, I wanna see! they are so pretty and festive Smile

Yeah, I tried my hand at one. It is pretty heavy!! Although it didn't turn out as full as I'd like it...
i did some smaller sized ones using more sheets and they were fuller...but i think i'll try again with the bigger one and just use more sheets. And you are right about the garland or banner...not gonna work! Who knew by looking at them how heavy they would be! I will definitely share pics when I get all of Izzy's bday decorations made. I am gonna have a busy week...my bday is Tues. and hers is five days after that...thank goodness I'm only decorating for hers!!
Back to top Go down
alligatorally
Digital Designer
alligatorally

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2010, 12:34

It took me several poms to get just the right amount of paper. My first one was so dense with tissue paper I couldn't even get them all pulled out. So then I only used like 5 sheets and it was pitiful. I think 8 sheets was the perfect balance. And I fluffed and fluffed till I was sick of them :oP

I'll have to find my photos of the little topiaries we made with some smaller poms. Stuck tiny newborn diapers in pink metal buckets, then topped with the pom on a stick.
Back to top Go down
alligatorally
Digital Designer
alligatorally

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2010, 12:44

found a couple, not very good pics but it sure was fun to decorate a pink themed shower!

Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Pink_b10

Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Pink_b11
Back to top Go down
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2010, 13:06

SOOO PRETTY!!! I just love those...thanks for the tips. I really appreciate it. I need to get on it. I wish i wasn't sick...I only have this week to get stuff done. Running a little more behind than I was for Lucas' bday!
Back to top Go down
Sheri Twing
Creative Designer
Sheri Twing

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2010, 15:20

These are some of my favorite decorations! I took a local class with my mom and my daughter to learn how to make them. They were a little time consuming but well worth it in the end!
Back to top Go down
http://www.auntierere.blogspot.com/
ReneeDezember
Creative Mess
ReneeDezember

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2011, 11:42

oh my gosh how did I miss this thread last week Sad my sister and I...one afternoon last week made 6 of these for my daughter's Birthday Party in various sizes. The tutorials we found were helpful in getting us started but we ended up figuring out a different technique that made it go SO MUCH smoother...
Back to top Go down
Kim Strother
Blank Canvas
Kim Strother

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2011, 00:54

I am planing on using these to decorate our yard for my daughter sweet sixteen in a few months. So please share your photos. All this info is so helpful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovejoyscrap.blogspot.com
ReneeDezember
Creative Mess
ReneeDezember

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2011, 00:58

...I am just sitting down to put the photos on my computer from the party...my sister and are also making more for her daughter's sweet 16...this time in zebra print Smile should be FUN!!! Photos coming soon!
Back to top Go down
ReneeDezember
Creative Mess
ReneeDezember

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2011, 01:03

[img]Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Pompom11[/img]
Back to top Go down
ReneeDezember
Creative Mess
ReneeDezember

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2011, 01:06

oh that's really big...sorry...I also made hot pink too but that didn't show up in this picture...my sister took a bunch of pictures on her camera too...I bet she has some better shots on hers...I'll have to get her to send them to me...
Back to top Go down
Kim Strother
Blank Canvas
Kim Strother

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2011, 23:33

Thanks Renee, these are awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovejoyscrap.blogspot.com
LisaDay
Easel
LisaDay

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2011, 09:43

ReneeDezember wrote:
oh my gosh how did I miss this thread last week Sad my sister and I...one afternoon last week made 6 of these for my daughter's Birthday Party in various sizes. The tutorials we found were helpful in getting us started but we ended up figuring out a different technique that made it go SO MUCH smoother...

I love these! Do you want to share with us your learning??? I'm all about things going smoother!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lisaday.typepad.com
ReneeDezember
Creative Mess
ReneeDezember

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2011, 11:51

LisaDay wrote:
ReneeDezember wrote:

I love these! Do you want to share with us your learning??? I'm all about things going smoother!

...yes Lisa...sorry I worked yesterday afternoon and came home last night TIRED...in all the tutorials we watched they had you do one side and then complete the other...but we discovered by doing one layer from one side and one layer from the opposite side and going back and forth all the way through your got a more even pom pom and it was so much easier...plus you were less apt to tear the tissue paper...we did it both ways and this way was SO MUCH easier and much faster too Smile they looked far better in our opinion as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Sheri Twing
Creative Designer
Sheri Twing

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2011, 11:28

I thought I'd share mine too! We made about 20 of these for my daughters bridal shower! Whew, that was a lot of work but they are so so cute!

Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Poms1
We hung them from the ceiling using tulle for added color and loved how they looked!

Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Poms3
Here's a picture of a couple of the girls playing with them....just so you could see the size and scale.

Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Poms2
We ended up with one leftover so we just flattened it out and used it on the table with some candles.

I know there a lot of tutorials out there on how to make these but one secret we learned is too make sure that no matter what size tissue you use, make it a 2:3 ratio. For example, the size of the tissue we used was 20"x30". We used about 12 sheets of tissue for each pom.

You can also get a different look by either cutting the edges pointy or round. We've tried both and they're both cute! We did the pointy for these.

I found a great resource for tissue paper if you're looking for one. Here's the link.
http://www.nashvillewraps.com/tissue-paper/color-tissue-paper/c-016165.html?page=1

Trust me, if you're doing very many, you'll come out ahead ordering the tissue instead of trying to buy in the store. Especially, if you're using a bigger size.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
ReneeDezember
Creative Mess
ReneeDezember

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2011, 12:42

Sheri Twing wrote:
I thought I'd share mine too! We made about 20 of these for my daughters bridal shower! Whew, that was a lot of work but they are so so cute!

Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Poms1
We hung them from the ceiling using tulle for added color and loved how they looked!

Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Poms3
Here's a picture of a couple of the girls playing with them....just so you could see the size and scale.

Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Poms2
We ended up with one leftover so we just flattened it out and used it on the table with some candles.

I know there a lot of tutorials out there on how to make these but one secret we learned is too make sure that no matter what size tissue you use, make it a 2:3 ratio. For example, the size of the tissue we used was 20"x30". We used about 12 sheets of tissue for each pom.

You can also get a different look by either cutting the edges pointy or round. We've tried both and they're both cute! We did the pointy for these.

I found a great resource for tissue paper if you're looking for one. Here's the link.
http://www.nashvillewraps.com/tissue-paper/color-tissue-paper/c-016165.html?page=1

Trust me, if you're doing very many, you'll come out ahead ordering the tissue instead of trying to buy in the store. Especially, if you're using a bigger size.

Have fun!
oh those turned out AWESOME...we are doing pointy for my niece's sweet 16 using zebra print Smile
Back to top Go down
Sheri Twing
Creative Designer
Sheri Twing

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2011, 15:49

Oh zebra print!!! How fun is that! You must show pictures!
Back to top Go down
ReneeDezember
Creative Mess
ReneeDezember

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2011, 17:05

Will do Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pom Pom Garland Tutorials   Pom Pom Garland Tutorials Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pom Pom Garland Tutorials
Page 1 of 1