For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why do you scrapbook?

Go down 
+7
ellen s
ReneeLamb
alligatorally
CarrieF.
Sherry C
Sheri Twing
amy coose
11 posters
AuthorMessage
amy coose
Blank Canvas
amy coose

Why do you scrapbook? Empty
PostSubject: Why do you scrapbook?   Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2011, 18:52

I know this is quite a loaded question, but I am curious what comes to mind when you are asked that question? When I first started, it was definitely for the 'art of creating' and preserving special memories, but I've been a bit wrapped up in the work side of it lately, so I'm trying to get back to the real reasons, LOL. How 'bout you?
Back to top Go down
Sheri Twing
Creative Designer
Sheri Twing

PostSubject: Re: Why do you scrapbook?   Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2011, 23:18

Wow that is a loaded question Amy! I, like you, started to preserve memories and get the stories behind the photos. But somehow lately it has become about the deadlines and work. Even though I absolutely love my DT work, I don't want to ever forget why I started this in the first place.

I still try to keep my focus on why I do this even in the midst of my work commitments. Preserving the memories is still what keeps me going....and if I can inspire others in the process, then that's even better!

It's also just a great creative outlet for me! I love to create and make things and it's my total let down time!
Back to top Go down
http://www.auntierere.blogspot.com/
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

PostSubject: Re: Why do you scrapbook?   Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2011, 23:29

I scrapbook because I am addicted to every aspect of it! The photos, the memories, all the beautiful scrappy stuff, the scrappy community; I love it all!

Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
CarrieF.
Life Artisit
CarrieF.

PostSubject: Re: Why do you scrapbook?   Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2011, 23:34

i was JUST asking myself this very question last week for some reason. Smile

my reasons are pretty basic and practical ... i scrap because it's a fun way for me to put my favorite pictures in one place ... and i scrap/journal to tell the story behind my favorite pictures .... and i scrap everyday moments {like my love for frappes, sonic, fav decor, etc} so my future grandkids will have a fun documented look into who i am/was.
Back to top Go down
http://carrieferrier.blogspot.com/
alligatorally
Digital Designer
alligatorally

PostSubject: Re: Why do you scrapbook?   Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 09:22

because I love to get my photos all dressed up and pretty.

and scrapbooking makes me very thankful for everything I have- I think dwelling on photos has that effect. seeing all the people and things you love and have is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.makenziandmadilyn.com
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
ReneeLamb

PostSubject: Re: Why do you scrapbook?   Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 10:47

I do because it's a great outlet for me to get creative and it gives me something to do with all the pictures I take. Now if I can just catch up on that ratio.........hmmmmmmmm

THe whole process for me is enjoyable. From taking pictures to picking out the right paper and embellies. But the real reason I do this is because I love the laughs and memories that come along with going back through a completed book with the kids. They love it and it makes it all worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: Why do you scrapbook?   Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 12:00

i am kinda like the rest of you.....it started as stamping and then i found scrapbooking so it became preserving memories but then turned into a creative outlet for me as well.

and recently it has allowed me to combine my education and work experience into a career within the industry and to me, it doesn't get any better than that.

i get to do what i love x4! Heart U
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
maddawg
Art Luver
maddawg

PostSubject: Re: Why do you scrapbook?   Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 19:47

what everyone says. i like that there is something creative i can do. and i love the process and result.
Back to top Go down
Norma Kennedy
Vintage
Norma Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Why do you scrapbook?   Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 22:31

When I first started out it really was about recording my kids childhood....

along the way it turned into a creative outlet and I am really comfortable with that.

I scrap now more for me than I do for the kids...... and I feel that that is ok !!!!!!

xoxo
Back to top Go down
http://www.fortheluvofart.blogspot.com
Kim Strother
Blank Canvas
Kim Strother

PostSubject: Re: Why do you scrapbook?   Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2011, 01:07

I know the reason I scrapbook has everything to do with the fact that I only have 3 photos of myself as a baby/toddler. My family was not into photos or record keeping of any kind. So I scrapbook for my children, so they will always have their stories and photos as memories. ( It also helps that I love the shopping, creating and even the smell of paper.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovejoyscrap.blogspot.com
Melonie
Creative Mess
Melonie

PostSubject: Re: Why do you scrapbook?   Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2011, 17:07

I've always loved to journal....
always been the family photographer...
and I LOVE all things artistic...
So when I found scrapbooking it was love at first sight...and I haven't looked back since:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do you scrapbook?   Why do you scrapbook? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why do you scrapbook?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For The Luv of Art :: Everything Scrapbooking :: Everything Scrapbooking-
Jump to: