For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
Facebook (re) connections? Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
Facebook (re) connections? Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
Facebook (re) connections? Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
Facebook (re) connections? Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
Facebook (re) connections? Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
Facebook (re) connections? Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
Facebook (re) connections? Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
Facebook (re) connections? Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
Facebook (re) connections? Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Facebook (re) connections?

Go down 
+3
ellen s
nicollekramer
Dria
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dria
Creative Mess
Dria

Facebook (re) connections? Empty
PostSubject: Facebook (re) connections?   Facebook (re) connections? Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2012, 07:42

We jokingly call Facebook--"The Devil" at our house.
It earned that title because my dd found out that was ow certain guys were "keeping track" of her-- creeping on her
through comments she made on mutual friend's walls. (now she has her comments blocked unless you are HER friend)

BUT here is a cute thing... she commented on a grade school friends wall (one from pre school-4th grade when we moved to NY)
then right away another "old" friend she had lost touch with commented--she sent him a friend request... he accepted.. they started talking..
He was unhappy with the university he had chosen in NY..she told him about her university..he came here (spent a few days with us)
to check it out-loved it-- was accepted-- we spent last weekend in NY-- they had a blast.. SO facebook can be good--
Funny thing about their "reconnection" they were like "frick and frack" pre-k--through 4th grade... always together..

Any fun re-connections for you through facebook?

Back to top Go down
http://photofinnatic.blogspot.com
nicollekramer
Sketch Book
nicollekramer

PostSubject: Re: Facebook (re) connections?   Facebook (re) connections? Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2012, 09:18

Haaaa I love FB. I did catch up with some old HS friends! ..Smile
Back to top Go down
http://nicollesscrapbookobsession.com/
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: Facebook (re) connections?   Facebook (re) connections? Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2012, 21:06

I did, too. It's great. Nothing like that but enough that at holidays if I go home to where I grew up and so do they..we get together. I did find someone and we were good friends in junior high but lost touch in h.s. Turns out we both hated it so much...we should have reconnected so that makes me sad. I burned a hole in her new car with a cigarette and I thought she hated me, LOL!

I feel a bit triumphed that this one girl who was mean to me in h.s. so bad I can't get into it but I think bully would be the term today...friended me..and I was like...nope!

I agree there is bad..you gotta have your settings set the correct way and don't put your life out there for goodness sake! And I can't stand the passive aggressive b.s. I see but it's all about what you make with it.

I like being able to post pics of the kids for my family and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
meesh
Blank Canvas
meesh

PostSubject: Re: Facebook (re) connections?   Facebook (re) connections? Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2012, 01:22

Today I am hating facebook! My grandma passed away last weekend and all my cousins are posting pics of my grandma on her deathbed on their walls. Geez-it's just not appropriate to me.
I've reconnected with a few HS friends that I lost contact with. I think it keeps you connected to people you see often too, not just old lost friends. Love facebook normally-but some people are just overposters:)
Back to top Go down
Elisha Pharr
Creative Mess
Elisha Pharr

PostSubject: Re: Facebook (re) connections?   Facebook (re) connections? Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2012, 09:44

Yeah, there is definitely good and bad when it comes to Facebook. I have reconnected with a lot of friends that I went to school with. They are in Kentucky and I am in Alabama so FB makes it easy to stay in touch.
That's a cute story, Dria! I'm glad they were able to reconnect!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.260loverslane.blogspot.com
rkokes
Art Luver
rkokes

PostSubject: Re: Facebook (re) connections?   Facebook (re) connections? Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2012, 16:16

I am pretty particular when it comes to FB-I have very few friends on purpose because I just don't need the drama! Smile

I will say though, it is a great way to keep track of my military friends-which is really the main reason I opened an acct. in the first place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativekokes.wordpress.com
SherrieS
Admin
SherrieS

PostSubject: Re: Facebook (re) connections?   Facebook (re) connections? Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2012, 10:26

Orginally I just got on FB to kind of monitor what the kids were doing and I told them that. But eventually they got older and I kind of stopped watching. I am glad I did join though because I have reconnected with many people from my past and I have family that live in different states.

I try to be careful on who I friend and I have actually unfriended people over the years because I got tired of the crude stuff they post. Just because we were friends in high school doesn't mean we have to be facebook friends now!! Or that we work together or that our kids go to school together. My DH refuses to have his own account and so gets on mine from time to time so I have a few of his friends on mine, but I don't mind. The over-sharing though is what drives me crazy.
Back to top Go down
http://eachdaysmemories.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facebook (re) connections?   Facebook (re) connections? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Facebook (re) connections?
Page 1 of 1