For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
Baseball championships! Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
Baseball championships! Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
Baseball championships! Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
Baseball championships! Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
Baseball championships! Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
Baseball championships! Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
Baseball championships! Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
Baseball championships! Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
Baseball championships! Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Baseball championships!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

Baseball championships! Empty
PostSubject: Baseball championships!   Baseball championships! Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2012, 11:19

Owen's team made it to the championship undefeated AND beat the BEST team in the league 6-3. It was amazing to watch them come together and hit and do all the right things.

I don't know how it goes with you guys but there are a few teams that just don't play fair. The run their kids around the bases, steal home...and these kids are 7-10 years old. Someone got kicked out of one of the games..I mean just ridiculous behavior.

I love our team b/c the let all the kids play, let them all play every base to try it so we don't necessarily win every game. We actually lost most of them. We even took a kid that has aspergers that no one else wanted on their team. WELL...Brian and the coaches worked with him every game and every practice and he had hits the last two games and scored a run!!!! You should have heard us, you would have thought he hit a home run. He was on base grinning from ear to hear so so excited. I had tears in my eyes.

I am so proud of these kids. So we have to play this team we beat again today..maybe twice since it's double elimination. What are the chances we play another perfect game? Good, I hope! Wish us luck!
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
kzfoug
Blank Canvas
kzfoug

PostSubject: Re: Baseball championships!   Baseball championships! Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2012, 17:55

Way to go ...I love it when a good team wins with out using trick plays .... love love
Back to top Go down
Dria
Creative Mess
Dria

PostSubject: Re: Baseball championships!   Baseball championships! Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2012, 13:55

Excellent!

I know just what you mean about teams playing dirty!
Our coach is a bit too passive but {I think) that is better than overly aggressive.
This is our last week of baseball then tournaments.
So far out team is #2..
our league is major youth--13-15.
We have 11 on the team.. 1= 15 year old, 3= 14 year olds and 7 13 year olds!
the # 1 team 5=15 year olds, 4= 14 year olds and 2= 13 year olds!
Most of the teams have 3, 15 year olds.
Back to top Go down
http://photofinnatic.blogspot.com
nicollekramer
Sketch Book
nicollekramer

PostSubject: Re: Baseball championships!   Baseball championships! Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2012, 08:06

Whoo Hoo!! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://nicollesscrapbookobsession.com/
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: Baseball championships!   Baseball championships! Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2012, 00:19

In a way I am glad we are not alone but sad that it happens everywhere. There is so much drama around this and the are SO young. I can't handle it. Even now with the all star team.

But we WON!!!!!!!!!!! We lost the first game and then won the second 12-5. I was awesome. Owen hit a couple doubles..scored 3 runs....it was so great. Brian cried...so did my dad...lol. Those parents just yelled but we outplayed them.

I was talking to a mom on our team who is a teacher and she told me of a mom on the other team that is red shirting her kids. I thought you did that in college? Yup...they are in 3rrd grade and 5th grade JUST so they can stay back and be the "best" their classes. Sad.

ugh. i hate people.
Back to top Go down
Dria
Creative Mess
Dria

PostSubject: Re: Baseball championships!   Baseball championships! Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2012, 09:42

people hold their kids back here too so they are bigger and older for teams--so WRONG!!

Our kids played terrible last night. I have no idea why--they lost to a team the should have beaten BUT they made tons of infield errors and jut weren't hittin--really weird.
We have a game tonight too--hope they pull themselves back together.

All Stars-- don't get me started there -- that gets to be totally vicious.
Back to top Go down
http://photofinnatic.blogspot.com
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: Baseball championships!   Baseball championships! Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2012, 12:32

I remember those days being part of try outs and stuff and the stress then was nothing like it is now on those kids.

Why do school districts allow kids to stay back when they don't have to? I can see if it is a grade thing or even behavior but it costs us tax payers money to have kids go to school longer. I mean those kids now will be in school for another year...another year of books, supplies, food, transportation, etc.

Brian and I struggled with sending owen when we did b/c he will only be 9 for one week before he goes to 4th grade. We could have started him the following year but didnt' and we talked about it and came to the conclusion that if he needed more time in K, 1st or 2nd, we would go from there but he gets As and Bs so there is no reason for him to stay down.

Anyway...I can't change the world but I try, LOL!
Back to top Go down
SherrieS
Admin
SherrieS

PostSubject: Re: Baseball championships!   Baseball championships! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2012, 11:52

How exciting for you all Ellen!

I think there is way too much stress put on young kids when it comes to sports now a days.
Personally I think it is crazy to hold your kid back so they can be the best on a team. My son started playing football when he was 5 and in Kindergarden. Soon after he started wrestling and he also played soccer and baseball a couple years. By the time he reached 7th grade where he could play sports in school he was already burnt out and quit playing everything. It was very hard for us as parents to watch him do this but he was worn out and had already hurt his right ankle seriously a couple times. So we left it up to him. He did come back and play football one year in high school but didn't enjoy it so didn't play again. It was so sad because he was sooooooooo good too.

Where we live (Graham school district) wrestling is HUGE!! We have families move into our district (from out of state even) just so their son(s) can wrestle at Graham for Jordan. Which makes it hard on the home grown kids because now they have all this competition from kids moving into the district to compete with just to make the team. Pretty unfair if you ask me.

And you may have a kid with exceptional talent but because their parents can't afford to pay for travel league or the extra programs they are over looked. Because in this day and age if you don't do the extra stuff you don't seem to get noticed by colleges later.

Back to top Go down
http://eachdaysmemories.blogspot.com/
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: Baseball championships!   Baseball championships! Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 22:06

I know. It's crazy...parents are paying 1000's of dollars to send their kids to camps at 8! I can see when he is older but it's way too young.

I can't imagine moving like that for sports. People do that year but it is just a town over. I know they get apartments and stuff and keep their houses to use those mailing addresses. And we are in a small town...you know the teachers know b/c they are members of the community.

Ah...it was fun to go swim all weekend long and relax!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baseball championships!   Baseball championships! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baseball championships!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For The Luv of Art :: Day to Day Chit Chat :: Day to Day Chit Chat-
Jump to: