For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
Swimming Pools Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
Swimming Pools Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
Swimming Pools Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
Swimming Pools Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
Swimming Pools Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
Swimming Pools Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
Swimming Pools Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
Swimming Pools Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
Swimming Pools Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Swimming Pools

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SherrieS
Admin
SherrieS

Swimming Pools Empty
PostSubject: Swimming Pools   Swimming Pools Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2012, 12:13

So who all here has a swimming pool?

This was our third summer having ours. Last year we kept it open until the end of October because I was using it for my "ice" bath after running while training for my marathon. But this year since I'm not using it for that and it has turned chilly very quickly we want to close it now. So last night my husband and I both got in the pool (me wearing about three layers of clothes and he in only swim trunks and a t-shirt) and scrubbed the bottom and walls down and ran the vaccum around. We are going to let it run for a couple more days to make sure the water is cleaned good through the filter and then shutting it down this weekend.
The water was soooooooo chilly. I was planning on doing it myself but it went so much faster with him helping. I am so glad he did. So glad that chore is done and over with!!

I know it can get chilly in Florida, but do they actually close their pools or do they leave them open year round?
Back to top Go down
http://eachdaysmemories.blogspot.com/
Elisha Pharr
Creative Mess
Elisha Pharr

Swimming Pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swimming Pools   Swimming Pools Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2012, 17:33

We don't have a pool. Sad My sister does and she has already winterized hers as well. It has gotten chilly earlier here. I think once school starts, everyone stays too busy to really use it. Maybe next summer, we will be able to get ours put in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.260loverslane.blogspot.com
Dria
Creative Mess
Dria

Swimming Pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swimming Pools   Swimming Pools Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2012, 21:27

Lucky for me our neighborhood has a pool club so I don't have to deal with it myself anymore.
When we lived in NY we had a pool ..we opened April 15th and closed November 1st! Yes it was heated..SOLAR!!! that sucker got hot in the summer if we weren't careful! by the middle of October it would stay in the middle 80*s as long as we put the solar cover on when not in use. WE loved how long we could keep it open with the solar heat!
Back to top Go down
http://photofinnatic.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Swimming Pools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swimming Pools   Swimming Pools Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swimming Pools
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For The Luv of Art :: Day to Day Chit Chat :: Day to Day Chit Chat-
Jump to: