For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
Type II Diabetes Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
Type II Diabetes Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
Type II Diabetes Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
Type II Diabetes Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
Type II Diabetes Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
Type II Diabetes Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
Type II Diabetes Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
Type II Diabetes Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
Type II Diabetes Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Type II Diabetes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FarmDiva
Easel
FarmDiva

Type II Diabetes Empty
PostSubject: Type II Diabetes   Type II Diabetes Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2010, 15:54

I'm one of those that needs to have lots of information ... so, I'm asking for lots of information.

My DH was diagnosed with Type II diabetes within the past few weeks. He is on insulin to begin with. Has anyone else had/have this experience? What recipes, food plans, etc., could you share with me. My farmer has an appetite and is a meat and potatoes kinda guy so this is a huge change in his lifestyle. I'm the grocery shopper, cook, lunch maker, etc., so I need help.

Thanks in advance.

oh ... my email is suzy.elaine @ yahoo.com if you'd like to email me.
Back to top Go down
tinkiesue
Creative Mess
tinkiesue

Type II Diabetes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type II Diabetes   Type II Diabetes Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2010, 20:41

Hubby was diagnosed with type 2 several years ago. Eating right and getting exercise is very important. I don't have any special recipes but we do eat meat and veggies often. We don't have casseroles much due to the carbs. Using spices and rubs on the meat helps to season it.

Sorry, I'm not much help.

sue
Back to top Go down
Garsy
Easel
Garsy

Type II Diabetes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type II Diabetes   Type II Diabetes Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2010, 21:02

My husband has been a diabetic for 14 years now. Since our eldest was 2 years old.

Around here we are ALWAYS watching carbs, which turn directly into the wrong sorts of sugars in the body. I hate to say it but we only have potatoes at most 3 times a week and if we have pasta he really watches his portions.

That's really what you have to do is watch portion sizes and up the veggies. For him and for our daughter that is borderline diabetic the portion of veggies is double the size of the carbs on their plate. We really control our daughter's intake at home since she likes to eat lunch with the rest of her classmates at school and those meals are almost ALWAYS high in carbs. She's learning tho and seems to be taking more veggies in the lunch line or at least that's what she tells me, and her blood sugars seem better after school now than what they were back in December and January.

There is hope tho! My husband lost a LOT of weight and was able to reduce the amount of insulin he takes every week and there are some weeks where he is so in control with his diet that he takes very little if any insulin at all!

Blessings,

Garsy
Back to top Go down
Julie Ann
Decorative Tape
Julie Ann

Type II Diabetes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type II Diabetes   Type II Diabetes Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2010, 21:17

Good luck! my in-laws are diabetics...not sure which type but my husband is helping them with their diet and exercise. He bought them both treadmills, and since they are in their mid-70's....right now he is helping them with grocery-shopping too as they are meat and potato lovers too and need to change their diet more! Hugs!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://julieannshahin2.blogspot.com
Ashjoy
Permanent Marker
Ashjoy

Type II Diabetes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type II Diabetes   Type II Diabetes Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2010, 22:11

It's one of those things that runs in my family. One of my favorite recipes to make for special occasions used the 50% less sugar cake mix that Wal Mart carries. You just dump crush pineapple in your cake pan followed by 2-3 cups of blueberries, sprinkle the cake mix over the berries and top with 1 cup of butter cut into pieces. Bake until golden brown. It is so yummy, still has to be eaten in moderation. But for a special ocasion is nice for those who usually don't get to eat dessert. My family requests it all the time. It is yummy served warm with sugar free ice cream.
Back to top Go down
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Type II Diabetes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type II Diabetes   Type II Diabetes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Type II Diabetes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For The Luv of Art :: Day to Day Chit Chat :: Day to Day Chit Chat-
Jump to: