For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...

Go down 
+16
lifemadecreations
FarmDiva
rebeccak
CarrieF.
llmancini
Julie Ann
Suzy West
Janedee
Elisa K
leigh
Drea
ellen s
Sherry C
jessiw
alligatorally
Tracy F.
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Tracy F.
Creative Mess
Tracy F.

Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Empty
PostSubject: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2010, 01:07

I have actually blogged several times this weekend. Miracle! (See what being home sick in bed most of the weekend does for me?! Plenty of down time to play on Blogger!)

Anyway, I'm curious about how you feel about blogging, and if you think it's really worth your time. My blog is now approaching it's year birthday mark, and I just can't decide if it's worth pursuing. I personally enjoy having a place to jot some thoughts down, but hey, hardly anyone reads it - lol! It's fun to blog, but I wonder if there is any real point to it? (I wondered these same thoughts before I started my blog, too.) Do you blog just for YOU? Do you do it because it's required with the Design Team your on? Do you do it to stay in touch with out of town family? Just curious what you all think about blogging.... TIA
Back to top Go down
http://thescrappygirlnextdoor.blogspot.com
alligatorally
Digital Designer
alligatorally

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2010, 09:02

my blog is the one thing that stays just the way I put it. everything else in my life is sort of jumbled up and messy but my blog stays just so.

so, i suppose its a mental thing for me- nice to have something just mine Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.makenziandmadilyn.com
Tracy F.
Creative Mess
Tracy F.

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2010, 09:58

Kristi - your blog is fabulous! Love your beautiful photos, and your jewelry! esp. love the photo of your kitty looking in the mirror! Smile Interesting that your blog is just YOUR place...
Back to top Go down
http://thescrappygirlnextdoor.blogspot.com
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2010, 10:14

I am all over the place with my blog. And I think that's where I got discouraged in the past....wondering why I didn't get comments on everything. But now I've realized that it's mostly for me. And of course, my dt work.. But I blog about things that are just for me and that makes me happy. At least I will have a record of photos and crafty stuff I have done, which is important to me, so I guess it is worth it for me.

I was actually thinking of just quitting it not too long ago...and have had mixed feelings ever since, but I think just in the past week I have come to the conclusion that I just want to do it for me and have my own record of what I want....that makes it easier to blog I think. When you aren't as worried about what others' may think of it.
Back to top Go down
http://pahm30.blogspot.com
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2010, 11:26

I feel the same way, Tracy! I started mine originally because on-line scrap sites were dropping like flies and I wanted a place that wouldn't disappear to post projects, pics, etc. I keep thinking some day I'll put a little more energy/time into my blog but I don't see that happening any time soon! lol

Although it seems like a waste of time and I don't have a great blog following, I still enjoy my little spot on the web!

Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2010, 11:36

i found that blogging Monday Wednes and Friday is the key for me. I like to do it but if i try and do it everyday, I felt that was in unreachable expectation. I think the important thing is that you want to do it, don't do it for anyone else. I know my family goes to it a lot, they don't leave comments but they love seeing the kids since I share more on there layouts about them then anywhere else.

And if I miss some days...oh well. Smile

I do love going to your blog Tracy!
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
Drea
Sketch Book
Drea

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2010, 12:18

I blog just for me............I'm horrible about being consistent with posting. Ellen usually sends me a "Friendly" reminder that it has been a while and I need to update!

It's nice to go back and see what I was doing a year or two ago!
Back to top Go down
leigh
Art Luver
leigh

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2010, 12:43

I blogged yesterday. Very Happy

I started blogging several years ago. I do it for a few reasons: to post DT work & promote kits and to post photos of my kids to update my family & long-distance friends to what were doing.
I agree that it can get discouraging when no one leaves comments on a post. It's amazing how much a comment can make my day!
Back to top Go down
http://www.leighpenner.blogspot.com
Elisa K
Sketch Book
Elisa K

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2010, 12:51

I blogged today...

I too need to come up with a good system. I have been so busy here lately that my blog has not been on my to do list.. I am going to try scheduling all my blogs for the week on the weekend. See if that works for me. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.perpetualstew.blogspot.com
Janedee
Easel
Janedee

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2010, 13:21

I blogged this week for the first time since the Spring! I'm fairly hopeless about keeping up. I started it because I was applying to a couple of Manufacturer's DTs and it seemed a good idea to have a blog to post projects. Since that time though, the one company I was designing for disbanded their team and I've taken a more digital direction, so I'm not sure if I'll be keeping it up much longer.

My Blog

Back to top Go down
Suzy West
Creative Mess
Suzy West

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2010, 13:39

I blogged!!!! I have some new projects up.

lets see what do I think about blogging? It's been hard to keep up. I know a lot of people look at it but they don't post very much. LOL

Hugs
Back to top Go down
http://www.suzywest.blogspot.com
Julie Ann
Decorative Tape
Julie Ann

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2010, 14:31

I've been blogging for 5 or 6 years and I used to blog almost daily, and I tried really hard to build up an audience and all. Now I just do it for fun and not worry about it, I figure the readers I have want to read it and that's good enough for me, I'm no longer going to chase after readers! LOL I was crazy back then. I don't have time to do that anymore. I have more time to scrap now. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://julieannshahin2.blogspot.com
Julie Ann
Decorative Tape
Julie Ann

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2010, 14:31

P.S. I blogged today too!
Back to top Go down
llmancini
Sketch Book
llmancini

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2010, 15:14

Well - lets see - why do I blog...hmm. Maybe my marketing background thinks it makes sense to have a blog if you want to be on teams in this industry....and that is probably why I started it...but I enjoy it...its like I get to talk and meet all of these people out there and I LOOOVE reading blogs so much - I find so much inspiration out there that I think I would like to feel I am contributing a tiny fraction to it.

I go in spurts...summers are terrible for me since I don't spend much time at all in my scraproom. Once the colder weather hits - Im back at it in full force. Im like most of you though - I don't care if I blog everyday - I blog when I have something to say....to show my work - or just feel like jotting down some feelings.

I reallly enjoy it....its sort of like a release for me....although because I know some family reads it I dont' say the EXACT truth all of the time!! LOL!! I do get bored with my blog though quite often..Im actually in the process of another makeover....why I put all of this work on myself I will never know Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://lorimancini.typepad.com
CarrieF.
Life Artisit
CarrieF.

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2010, 17:24

i blogged late last night.

sometimes i blog for scrappy reasons, sometimes for photography stuff, and other times i blog just my personal, "about my day" stuff.

i'm trying to be a better blogger ... i've not been too consistent the last year ... but i've been blogger alot the past couple weeks. i like it!

i'll have to check out all your blogs when i get a chance to sit and soak it all in. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://carrieferrier.blogspot.com/
alligatorally
Digital Designer
alligatorally

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2010, 17:37

Tracy F. wrote:
Kristi - your blog is fabulous! Love your beautiful photos, and your jewelry! esp. love the photo of your kitty looking in the mirror! Smile Interesting that your blog is just YOUR place...

thanks!

I think that is the key... being content with it just being for yourself. I've had mine since 2008 and it has finally gotten some followers, so that's a nice perk. I find that the less I try to "get out there", the more response I get.
Back to top Go down
rebeccak
Creative Mess
rebeccak

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2010, 17:46

I blogged my happy news last night Smile
http://rebeccakeppel.blogspot.com/2010/10/great-way-to-start-week.html

As for blogging....I agree with what you all have said. Ellen, my family is also the stop by to see the kids but dont comment type Wink They supposedly dont know how to comment lol. I blog mainly for me, but I also like entering contests, challenges etc and it is nice to have a place that is yours to display your work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myclutteredcorner.com/
FarmDiva
Easel
FarmDiva

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2010, 20:00

I need to make the time yet at the same time I don't want to blog to blog. When I was flying home this weekend I made a list of things I'd like to write about ... just need to do it. I enjoy the time when I do blog, the writing of my thoughts, rambling and sharing.
Back to top Go down
Julie Ann
Decorative Tape
Julie Ann

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2010, 15:55

I've checked out your blogs!!!! I'm in a dilemma.......I want to blog but I don't want to blog, hahahaha!!! I wish I could blog I guess, but when it comes down to it, I end up having other priorities, and thinking that I want to keep things private. I don't know why. Maybe it's a lack of confidence and a lifelong real-life shyness combination.
Back to top Go down
alligatorally
Digital Designer
alligatorally

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2010, 20:31

JA you are not shy.
and you have no reason to not have confidence. you are pretty and talented and very inspiring! I LOVE your blog!!
Back to top Go down
lifemadecreations
Blank Canvas
lifemadecreations

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2010, 22:50

I started a personal blog in late 2007 mostly for me and family and as a spot to post little details of our lives until I could turn them into scrapbook pages. In 2008, I decided to separate the personal from professional so I created my business blog. For a while I maintained both, but in the past year or so, the personal one hardly ever gets updated. That is the one I miss the most. I loved writing little snippits from our lives and posting pics of the kiddos. It makes me sad. I keep saying I will go in and post date a bunch of stuff, but just don't make the time to work on it.

I do try to update my professional blog weekly with projects. Sometimes it seems like such a chore--just another thing on the humongous to-do list. But I do enjoy when I update and then look at my posts. I have readers all over the world, but they rarely comment. I love comments, but have learned not to get discouraged!
Back to top Go down
http://lifemadecreations.blogspot.com
NicolePomeroy
Creative Mess
NicolePomeroy

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 09:57

hmmmm, I started blogging around the time I started scrapping, so it was all about scrappiness. Then a little about family and now it's back to being all about scrappiness. lol

I sometimes find it hard to put our life out there for anyone to read. I've had some pretty weird comments too. Plus gotta love those smack blogs grrrr. One last year smacked me hard and since then I've sort of not been out there as much as I use to .
Back to top Go down
http://nmpomeroy.blogspot.com
Melissa Elsner
Sketch Book
Melissa Elsner

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 13:29

I love blogging. I've been with a few different blog sites since 2004 until i settled into Blogger. What began as a personal blog where I shared thoughts I was processing, then became my scrapblog. But I combine sharing my projects with sharing my life.

It's therapeutic for me to share and to type. I'm not a writer by any means but I still like having my little place on the net. I've gained followers and typically have at least one comment. That use to bother me. Still does but I know people are reading and I'm guilty of not always leaving comments. Especially now that I use Google Reader. I'll just hit the like button if a post really struck me.

All that to say... I blogged this weekend. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://theprofoundbrunette.com
maddawg
Art Luver
maddawg

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 18:28

i'm a sporadic blogger. mostly has to do with having missing mojo and the need to get a life. lol!!!
Back to top Go down
dstandard
Blank Canvas
dstandard

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 21:49

I blogged - mostly Design Team cards but some cards I did for card challenges. I will put in personal stuff when I get chatty on a Saturday morning but mostly just to post my work.
Back to top Go down
http://debbiestandard.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...   Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who blogged today? Thoughts about blogging in general...
Page 1 of 1