For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What are your thoughts on blogging?

Go down 
+11
Michelle
CarrieF.
keepsakescrafts
Brianne N.
Sherry C
danielle wycough
ReneeLamb
singingsquirrel
Ashjoy
marcibun
jessiw
15 posters
AuthorMessage
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

What are your thoughts on blogging? Empty
PostSubject: What are your thoughts on blogging?   What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2010, 15:04

I've always like to keep my blog a mixture of my layouts and projects and I throw personal things in there. I like to personalize everything. When I go to other blogs I like to see others creativity, but I like to see what they write too. I don't like to just go and see a layout with a list of products! I feel like I can get to really know the person better if they share more. Of course, sometimes I might share too much, but that's just me. I read this post by Stephanie Howell today and it really was so true for me too. In fact, I might do a blog post about it tomorrow...since I already did one today:) But it's so true...we do not have perfect lives all of the time. That's why I like to be real on my blog and my layouts! I think my layouts have the great mixture of happy, sad, meaningful, funny, good times and bad....just like life. When I look back on my scrapbooks later on, I want to see our lives...all of it, not just the HAPPY times. Then it wouldn't be a true representation of all of my life. Don't get me wrong, most of the time I'm happy and I love to showcase my beautiful family...and MOST of the time my family is happy, but that's not always the case.

What are your thoughts? Do you just share mainly the happy moments in your blogs/layouts or do you scrap every different aspect of your lives?
Back to top Go down
http://pahm30.blogspot.com
marcibun
Blank Canvas
marcibun

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on blogging?   What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2010, 15:09

I would agree with that mostly - on my personal blog I always try to combine a project with some interesting story or something funny that happened or whatever. I figure the people who come to my blog regularly are "friends" or soon-to-be friends and so I want to share a little bit more of myself.

On manufacturer blogs I keep it strictly business, although I do personalize my posts so that they don't seem too stodgy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marciknecht.blogspot.com
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on blogging?   What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2010, 15:37

marcibun wrote:
I would agree with that mostly - on my personal blog I always try to combine a project with some interesting story or something funny that happened or whatever. I figure the people who come to my blog regularly are "friends" or soon-to-be friends and so I want to share a little bit more of myself.

On manufacturer blogs I keep it strictly business, although I do personalize my posts so that they don't seem too stodgy.

I've never been on a manufacturer DT(although that would be tons of fun), but if I was I would do the same thing...keep it business, but personalize to keep interest:)
Back to top Go down
Ashjoy
Permanent Marker
Ashjoy

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on blogging?   What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2010, 16:16

I agree. I think it's very important to share the whole story. It's sometimes hard though, for me scrapping is my happy place so reliving unpleasant time isn't something that I tend to like to do.
Back to top Go down
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com/
singingsquirrel
Art Luver
singingsquirrel

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on blogging?   What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2010, 17:09

I think I have kept it pretty surface level on my blog, but if something that I felt really strongly about happened, I would share it. I wasn't blogging when I got married or when I was laid off or when I lost my cat, those moments were things I would've shared had I had one. Luckily, I am blessed and while I have my bad days like everyone else, I don't have a lot of negativity in my world. I love Stephanie Howell and how honest she is on her blog, I follow her avidly. I love the post you linked.

I think that if you feel it is something to be shared, something you want to say, even if it isn't glossy, you should say it. It is your blog, it should represent you and if people don't want to hear it, they can read some thing else. Personal blogs should feel personal, however the creator takes that to be. If you are a brutally honest person, then why hold back on your blog?

That is just my .10 on the matter.
Back to top Go down
http://singingsquirrel.blogspot.com/
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
ReneeLamb

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on blogging?   What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2010, 17:42

I tend to be an open book wherever I am. In real life, on message boards and on my blog. I want people to know who I am and not just know me as an avatar with a smile because sometimes I don't always have a smile.
I like to think I have a life of ponies and rainbows but sometimes it gets cloudy and those ponies turn to bulls and rainbows to shit creeks. And I don't do a handwritten journal so I like to consider my blog my journal entries. I don't go and blog every little thing going on but if it's a major event in my life, I will blog it. Good, bad, indifferent.
Back to top Go down
http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
danielle wycough
Easel
danielle wycough

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on blogging?   What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2010, 19:25

I post things that happen, whether they or good or bad. Even the bad things are a part of me. I don't sugar coat things because my life is not all sugar Smile Life is messy, and I know that I find a lot of comfort in reading other peoples blogs who have the same struggles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifeonelayoutatatime.blogspot.com
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on blogging?   What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2010, 20:01

danielle wycough wrote:
I post things that happen, whether they or good or bad. Even the bad things are a part of me. I don't sugar coat things because my life is not all sugar Smile Life is messy, and I know that I find a lot of comfort in reading other peoples blogs who have the same struggles.

Couldn't have said it better Danielle!
Back to top Go down
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on blogging?   What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2010, 20:14

My thoughts on blogging are that I wish I would do it! I started a blog last year & need to get back to it. I had tons going on from Nov through March so I just let it slide. I'm getting the blogging bug again though. Maybe I'll be inspired by all of you!
Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
Brianne N.
Art Luver
Brianne N.

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on blogging?   What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2010, 22:57

ReneeLamb wrote:
I tend to be an open book wherever I am. In real life, on message boards and on my blog. I want people to know who I am and not just know me as an avatar with a smile because sometimes I don't always have a smile.
I like to think I have a life of ponies and rainbows but sometimes it gets cloudy and those ponies turn to bulls and rainbows to shit creeks. And I don't do a handwritten journal so I like to consider my blog my journal entries. I don't go and blog every little thing going on but if it's a major event in my life, I will blog it. Good, bad, indifferent.

Again, twin. Sheesh. And btw, I burst out laughing at shit creek. Heart U You!

I am the same way; open book, open mind, open heart. People always know where they stand with me because I wear my emotions on my sleeve. Yes, it leaves me open to be hurt BUT I find that I am a really good ice breaker because I don't let "weirdness" rule me.

My life is a great big rollercoaster of craziness. I find that my emotions are a lot of the same. My blog is my journal and I just put it all out there. I tend to try to find words that better "suit" what I am trying to say or else my blog would sound like conversation in a bar. KIDDING!!! .....well, sorta.
Back to top Go down
http://www.briannenevill.com
keepsakescrafts
Blank Canvas
keepsakescrafts

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on blogging?   What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2010, 23:05

I don't share much info on my kids or their comings & goings, but that's because we have a restraining-order-ed *issue* ongoing with my EX and my Blog is far from private.
But yeah, when it comes to me, I'm an open book, er, Blog. Wink
Like today: I just blogged about my 2 emergency room visits this week, FAR from sugar-y sh-tuff there. I wish! Sad But it's important to where I am right now and what I'm doing, Artistically and otherwise.
I try really hard to 'chat' about my work, each piece IS personal, it's from me and therefore part of me... so yeah I'm pretty open & chatty on my Blog.
Back to top Go down
http://keepsakescrafts.blogspot.com
CarrieF.
Life Artisit
CarrieF.

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on blogging?   What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2010, 00:10

i share a little bit of this andan that on my blog ... my scrappy life, my "regular" life ... and anything in between. Smile i don't spill my guts but i do share little bits and pieces of "me".
Back to top Go down
http://carrieferrier.blogspot.com/
Michelle
Sketch Book
Michelle

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on blogging?   What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2010, 00:30

It depends on my mood and feelings as to how much I share on my blog, sometimes I will let it all out and other times I just write the basic stuff
Back to top Go down
http://michelles-scrappy-place.blogspot.com.au/
misskatie
Blank Canvas
misskatie

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on blogging?   What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2010, 06:17

i blog on tumblr, which is known for being a microblogging platform, so i tend to keep my posts short. they occasionally get long if i'm talking about techniques i used on pages/artwork. i feel like i share more random tidbits of my life via twitter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.telerobotic.net
vickic
Blank Canvas
vickic

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on blogging?   What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2010, 12:32

i am fairly honest on my blog - i mean i don't go into major details about things but if i'm feeling like c**p then i'll say that..... and if i'm feeling happy then i'll say that.... i love to post on my blog and i have a fabulous schedule (well i think anyway) but i don't see the point in making it look like my life is perfect, it's not fair to our readers Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://vickisartisticlicense.blogspot.com/
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on blogging?   What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2010, 14:32

i am like Carrie..bits and pieces but nothing too personal..i have clients and students and if they would google me, i just don't want them knowing "too" much personal stuff but i do share, have fun and i think you can get a feel of me and know me through my blog.

i am much more open on the mb's actually
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
Man-Slave
Easel
Man-Slave

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on blogging?   What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2010, 23:50

I have'nt started a blog but I am getting curious. I keep a personnal journal but there is alot that I would'nt mind sharing either. I'll probably start checking out different blogs and see what it's all about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on blogging?   What are your thoughts on blogging? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are your thoughts on blogging?
Page 1 of 1