For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
Electronic Die Cutter question Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
Electronic Die Cutter question Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
Electronic Die Cutter question Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
Electronic Die Cutter question Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
Electronic Die Cutter question Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
Electronic Die Cutter question Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
Electronic Die Cutter question Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
Electronic Die Cutter question Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
Electronic Die Cutter question Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Electronic Die Cutter question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CKMommy
Art Luver
CKMommy

Electronic Die Cutter question Empty
PostSubject: Electronic Die Cutter question   Electronic Die Cutter question Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2011, 14:27

I have a Cricut Expression, a Gypsy, and quite a few cartridges. Last year we built a new house and my scrapbook space went from a huge room to a small space in the corner of the master bedroom. I will get a scrapbook room when we finish the basement in our house but for now I'm squeezing into my cozy corner.

So......I've been thinking about selling my Cricut and accessories and getting a Silhouette because of the space issue AND I'm not intending to buy anymore Cricut cartridges.

Do any of you have a Silhouette, do you like it, how expensive is it to buy the cutting files for it?

Thanks for your help!
Back to top Go down
*ANDREA*AMU*
Permanent Marker
*ANDREA*AMU*

PostSubject: Re: Electronic Die Cutter question   Electronic Die Cutter question Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2011, 19:43

Awe, Becki... this makes me sad:(
I just love my Cricut stuff too much... I can't even imagine giving it all up.
But You must do want YOU want to do, girl!
If you decide to sell your carts you better leave me know first, lol! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://imlivinonscraps.blogspot.com/
CKMommy
Art Luver
CKMommy

PostSubject: Re: Electronic Die Cutter question   Electronic Die Cutter question Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2011, 19:47

*ANDREA*AMU* wrote:
Awe, Becki... this makes me sad:(
I just love my Cricut stuff too much... I can't even imagine giving it all up.
But You must do want YOU want to do, girl!
If you decide to sell your carts you better leave me know first, lol! Wink

Andrea...HUGS to you! Don't be sad!! I love the Cricut. It really is a space and a $$ issue since I won't be getting free carts anymore Sad
I haven't completely decided to get rid of it all....just thinking about it. I'll let you know if i decide to get rid of anything, although I'm pretty sure we have most of the same cartridges Wink
Back to top Go down
Sheri Twing
Creative Designer
Sheri Twing

PostSubject: Re: Electronic Die Cutter question   Electronic Die Cutter question Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2011, 20:49

I'm with you Becki. I have a Cricut Expression and a Gypsy and am considering getting rid of both for the Silhouette. I was really unhappy about the whole lawsuit thing between Provocraft and SCAL. The reason I purchased my Cricut was because I could use it with SCAL, allowing me to print fonts and images from my computer and svg files. I completely understand why they sued however, for my purposes of using the Cricut, I was disappointed because that was the reason I bought it. I just will not be buying cartridges that maybe have one image that I will use. I think I'll get much more use out of the Silhouette where I can just buy the images I want and not have to deal with the cartridges.....I've heard from a lot of people who have made the switch that they are completely happy with the Silhouette.

....Just my two cents!
Back to top Go down
http://www.auntierere.blogspot.com/
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: Electronic Die Cutter question   Electronic Die Cutter question Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2011, 20:54

i have to say
i love love the titles i see on lo's with the Silhouette! i love the look of them..that is really my style, too.

so you buy the Silhouette and then you buy the images? i need to look at that more.
Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
CKMommy
Art Luver
CKMommy

PostSubject: Re: Electronic Die Cutter question   Electronic Die Cutter question Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2011, 22:11

Sheri Twing wrote:
I'm with you Becki. I have a Cricut Expression and a Gypsy and am considering getting rid of both for the Silhouette. I was really unhappy about the whole lawsuit thing between Provocraft and SCAL. The reason I purchased my Cricut was because I could use it with SCAL, allowing me to print fonts and images from my computer and svg files. I completely understand why they sued however, for my purposes of using the Cricut, I was disappointed because that was the reason I bought it. I just will not be buying cartridges that maybe have one image that I will use. I think I'll get much more use out of the Silhouette where I can just buy the images I want and not have to deal with the cartridges.....I've heard from a lot of people who have made the switch that they are completely happy with the Silhouette.

....Just my two cents!

I agree Sheri. I never did have SCAL but I did have a DT gig that got me free carts, without that I am not willing to pay the $$$ for new cartridges. Also the space thing for me is a big deal right now. I don't have room for all the cartridges. Humm...I think I'll decide what to do after I get back from vacation in the middle of Oct.

LOVE hearing all your opinions Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electronic Die Cutter question   Electronic Die Cutter question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electronic Die Cutter question
Page 1 of 1