For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Christmas Wish Lists

Go down 
+10
Norma Kennedy
Ksimmonds
Sherry C
FarmDiva
Julie Ann
ReneeLamb
ellen s
jessiw
singingsquirrel
CarrieF.
14 posters
AuthorMessage
CarrieF.
Life Artisit
CarrieF.

Christmas Wish Lists Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Wish Lists   Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2010, 03:51

Okay ... time for me to get serious about making out Christmas lists for my fam. I have NO idea what to get people this year. Yikes!!!

What's on your Christmas wish list?
Back to top Go down
http://carrieferrier.blogspot.com/
singingsquirrel
Art Luver
singingsquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Wish Lists   Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2010, 04:34

New lens for my DSLR
Instax camera
Diana camera
Sizzix Big Shoy

just a start...
Back to top Go down
http://singingsquirrel.blogspot.com/
jessiw
Fixative Spray
jessiw

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Wish Lists   Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2010, 10:41

Right now I can't even think about Christmas. Is it weird to just say I want to spend the day relaxing with my family? Can that be on my wishlist. We always have to go to like three or four houses on Christmas day and it really takes it out of me. I would love to just sit at home with Anthony and the kids and snuggle and play all day.

Of course there are things that I would love to have, but all I am really thinking about right now is what to make or give others. Some people in my family are really easy to do for and others always stump me.
Back to top Go down
http://pahm30.blogspot.com
ellen s
Creative Designer
ellen s

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Wish Lists   Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2010, 11:01

hmmmmmmm.....

brian and i were just talking about this...

we aren't exchanging with my side of the family this year, thank goodness. they will buy for the boys but that is about it. so i am thankful for that though my mom does get me some good scrappy goodies, LOL!

i really really want a kindle or a nook so I think that is what i am asking for from brian's family (his mom goes crazy with big gifts so i figure why not ask b/c she won't listen anyway)

other than that..we are doing brunch at our house again on Christmas Eve which was fun. i agree, jessi...it is a looooooong few days with traveling. it wears you down but it is good to see everyone.

Back to top Go down
http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
ReneeLamb

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Wish Lists   Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2010, 12:10

It seems I want more than I need and that's a bad thing considering our budget this year is ultra tight. I think I will pass on any presents for me to splurge more for the kids.....

but I'd love a new laptop (just for me)
I'd love a new lens for my camera
I'd love a new handheld purse camera (for those girls night outs and I don't want to lug my monster)
New clothes
New shoes
My hair colored

I want I want I want....LOL

Back to top Go down
http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
CarrieF.
Life Artisit
CarrieF.

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Wish Lists   Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2010, 13:30

jessiw wrote:
Right now I can't even think about Christmas. Is it weird to just say I want to spend the day relaxing with my family? Can that be on my wishlist. We always have to go to like three or four houses on Christmas day and it really takes it out of me. I would love to just sit at home with Anthony and the kids and snuggle and play all day.

Of course there are things that I would love to have, but all I am really thinking about right now is what to make or give others. Some people in my family are really easy to do for and others always stump me.

We were just talking about this with my son and daughter in law the other day. The are trying to fit in going to several places on Christmas day. I remember being a newlywed and trying to do that the first couple years. It was so stressful ... and at the end of the day we hadn't spent quality time with anyone.

We encouraged the kids to take turns going to places each year and just RELAXING and enjoying the day at whatever house they are at.
Back to top Go down
CarrieF.
Life Artisit
CarrieF.

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Wish Lists   Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2010, 13:33

Ya know what I thought of the other day that I would LOVE?

Every color of DMC floss. My kids are asking me what I want ... DMC floss is going to be my hint to them. I've got 1 college boy who broke, so the .27cent flosses appeal to him Smile ... and my married son and daughter in law have great jobs but they are saving for a house so I know they'll be excited about that too. Smile And it would aaaamazing to have in my stash.
Back to top Go down
Julie Ann
Decorative Tape
Julie Ann

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Wish Lists   Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2010, 15:19

I have no idea what I want other than a bathing suit for Mexico for December 7th. And I have to tell my Mom and sister what I want for my birthday too! I just read about wishpot.com although I think I'll stick to using Amazon wishlist.

Back to top Go down
http://julieannshahin2.blogspot.com
FarmDiva
Easel
FarmDiva

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Wish Lists   Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2010, 15:30

Last week the farmer & I were playing around with my Itouch and I was showing him the cool things I have on it and how I am better organized by using it. He was looking thru my notes and saw that I had a wishlist. I explained those are the things I'd like to have but wouldn't necessarily just go out and buy for myself. I had a few books, a 'soft & elegant, not bulky' bathrobe, slippers, Ugg boots and a few others things. So, I'm hoping he will have remembered that!!!! We're hoping to go on a small vacation in December, so I'd rather that be my gift ... but I won't turn away a present.
Back to top Go down
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
Sherry C

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Wish Lists   Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2010, 23:01

I haven't even thought about it yet! You're all giving me some good ideas though, thanks! lol

Back to top Go down
http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
Ksimmonds
Digital Designer
Ksimmonds

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Wish Lists   Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2010, 13:19

This year I probably will get a small bit of cash from my parents or a gift card to somewhere I would shop.

Not sure that I need things, and without a job I am not running out to buy things for me. I will be doing the kids and parents and probably my nieces

I do have an ongoing wish list-

A new SLR camera
an HP touch pad maybe
an ipod touch
new software upgrade for my Adobe photoshop

Thats it right now
Back to top Go down
http://www.glittershineandbling.blogspot.com
Norma Kennedy
Vintage
Norma Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Wish Lists   Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2010, 14:18

well with the new family addition we are are shopping around for car loans.

Looking at new Tahoe's, Expedition's & Suburban's.

So my Christmas list was just cut down big time.

Still want a Kindle and will probably get Damien the I Pad.
I don't plan on getting the kids a bunch either. I plan on
maybe surprising them with a puppy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fortheluvofart.blogspot.com
Lori Ness
Decorative Tape
Lori Ness

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Wish Lists   Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2010, 19:05

I would love a new computer or DVR.
Back to top Go down
Garsy
Easel
Garsy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Wish Lists   Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2010, 23:01

We've kept the lists small for many years now and it's been good for us!

My side of the family always draws names and each family gets a certain number of names This year I had 4 names. Oh and we always do a theme of some sort - this years theme was "garage sale/thrift store finds" Everything you gave had to total less then $10 per person and had to come from a garage/yard sale or a thrift store or be something you purchased very cheaply or had given to you.

I spent a full $10 on my nephew - but I got him a great set of LEGOs from a garage sale and a huge stack of books from a library sale!

I spent $5 on my SIL and got her 2 books, a cute little Vera Bradley coin purse (freebie from a local parade this past summer) and a bag of coffee beans I had inadvertently purchased.

I spent less than $5 on my niece's husband - he is receiving a book and a bag of chocolates.

I'm not sure what we are doing on my husbands side yet. Suppose we should get that all figured out shouldn't we?

But as far as gifts for my kids - My husband and I started a tradition many years ago where we will only purchase 3 gifts per child at Christmas time. They get a Want, a Need, and a Book. every year. My kids are great kids and they understand that this is just how it is so they are really particular about what they put on their lists!

For me? I'll get some sort of Snowman ornament to add to my collection although I have already received several thanks to Christmas in July with my side of the family. My Dad had my name and went a bit overboard on the snowmen! They mean a lot more to me now considering the happenings of the last month. And if we could afford it - I would LOVE to get a new box spring and mattress for my husband and I Other than that - I'm all for just focusing on the kids and opportunities to give then getting anything.

Edited to add: I forgot to add that my sister came up with a great idea and my Mom is actually excited about it -- my siblings and I and all of the kids and great grandkids and all of our spouses are going to create or find an ornament that reminds us of my father or would have made him laugh and we are to send them to my mom to put on her Christmas tree this year. An entire collection of ornaments to honor and remember my Dad and to hopefully make my Mom smile too!

Blessings,

Garsy
Back to top Go down
kay_bear52
Blank Canvas
kay_bear52

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Wish Lists   Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2010, 07:43

well due to the fact that we are welcoming in our first grandchild in February.....my husband and I will not be exchanging gifts this year. The money is to tight trying to prepare for the baby.

But if I could have a wish list:
I REALLY want a unibind system
a Gypsy would be FANTASTIC
or some new Sizzix dies.
a new phone...I would love to upgrade to the Blackberry Torch
I've been wanting to start a Pandora bracelet too.

hmmmm now that I look over my wish list I know why we aren't giving this year....my list is expensive...lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckythackston.weebly.com
simplyamom3
Art Luver
simplyamom3

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Wish Lists   Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2010, 09:44

We use to do go to everyones house on Christmas to, until I decided it was enough. Its just wasn't fair to my kids to let them open all these presents and then tell them we had to leave. So we changed it up alittle.

Christmas Eve is for my family, Then late on Christmas morning I make a big breakfast at my house and Jasons Mom and Grand pa comes over. My mom usually did too. Then we do Christmas night or the day after Christmas at Jasons dad and his famiy. You know I have the grandkids and if they want to see them then they come to my house on Christmas. I cook and there is always something fun going on!

I have just started my list for people. We have to keep it cheeper but that is okay.

Jason's dad is doing dirty santa again and I am getting Wine and cheese at our local Winery for that.

Then my sister and I decided a long time ago to not buy for each other since we both have kids, we spend 20.00 on each of the kids.

Then DH and I decided not to buy for each other because we want a new bedroom suit.

Thats it so far!
Back to top Go down
http://simply-me-jennifer.blogspot.com/
sharonda
Anonymous

PostSubject: christmas wish list   Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2010, 19:23

my husband and I are planning a trip to Flagstaff by train..we'll see the Grand Canyon, the desert, the mountains. horseback riding in the Grand Canyon. so presents will focus on the grandkids. I love making home-made candy so everyone will receive candy in a pretty dish.
I want to make Sock Monkeys for the 3 girls and still debating on what to get our newly turned 17 yr. old grandson...probaly a gift certificate so he can buy his own music..so am open to anything that catches my mind that would be fun to make and my family would like. my problem is I always want to do too much and accomplish very little..lol..looking forward to seeing what u all do. Christmas Wish Lists 185593
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Wish Lists   Christmas Wish Lists Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas Wish Lists
Page 1 of 1