For The Luv of Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
No user
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Norma Kennedy
Vintage
Norma Kennedy

Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight Empty
PostSubject: Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight   Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2011, 21:10

Thought I would share it with you guys.

A while back, at the entrance of a gym, there was a picture of a very thin and beautiful woman. The caption was "This summer, do you want to be a mermaid or a whale?"

The story goes, a woman (of clothing size unknown) answered the following way:

"Dear people, whales are always surrounded by friends (dolphins, seals, curious humans), they are sexually active and raise their children with great tenderness.
They entertain like crazy with dolphins and eat lots of prawns. They swim all day and travel to fantastic places like Patagonia, the Barents Sea or the coral reefs of Polynesia.
They sing incredibly well and sometimes even are on cds. They are impressive and dearly loved animals, which everyone defend and admires.

Mermaids do not exist.

But if they existed, they would line up to see a psychologist because of a problem of split personality: woman or fish?
They would have no sex life and could not bear children.
Yes, they would be lovely, but lonely and sad.
And, who wants a girl that smells like fish by his side?

Without a doubt, I'd rather be a whale.

At a time when the media tells us that only thin is beautiful, I prefer to eat ice cream with my kids, to have dinner with my husband, to eat and drink and have fun with my friends.

We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies.
We are not fat, we are greatly cultivated.
Every time I see my curves in the mirror, I tell myself: "How amazing am I ?! "
By: Delphine Fieberg
Back to top Go down
http://www.fortheluvofart.blogspot.com
Ashjoy
Permanent Marker
Ashjoy

PostSubject: Re: Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight   Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2011, 22:05

I'd say she is a very smart women.
Back to top Go down
http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com/
Sheri Twing
Creative Designer
Sheri Twing

PostSubject: Re: Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight   Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2011, 00:46

Saw this on Facebook just now and was intrigued! Very interesting. It's amazing the pressure society puts on how you look.
Back to top Go down
http://www.auntierere.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight   Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting & Controversial Thought On Weight
Page 1 of 1